Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Australia Primed To Be Yanked Into Us

Originally posted by j2k4@16 July 2003 - 13:10
    Then it wouldn't do any good to suggest smaller stars.......oops!
    Well, I suppose we could just give Michigan to Canada...
    • ...then there'd be enough space!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by tite-wad+16 July 2003 - 19:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tite-wad @ 16 July 2003 - 19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@16 July 2003 - 13:10
    Then it wouldn&#39;t do any good to suggest smaller stars.......oops&#33;
    Well, I suppose we could just give Michigan to Canada...
    • ...then there&#39;d be enough space&#33;
    [/b][/quote]
    And what, pray tell, has canada done to upset YOU.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by lynx@16 July 2003 - 15:35
    And what, pray tell, has canada done to upset YOU.
    Nothin... I just figured they could use another lake or two.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    Anyway, hasn&#39;t Australia already got several stars of it&#39;s own ?
    And it&#39;s own states, they aren&#39;t likely to be happy all lumped together.

They are likely to want more than just one.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by tite-wad+16 July 2003 - 21:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tite-wad @ 16 July 2003 - 21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@16 July 2003 - 15:35
    And what, pray tell, has canada done to upset YOU.&nbsp;
    Nothin... I just figured they could use another lake or two. [/b][/quote]
    If you wanted to get rid of some lakes, you could give Michigan to Finland, they&#39;ve got so many already they wouldn&#39;t notice another couple.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    LoStEmPiRe's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by The Knife Thrower+16 July 2003 - 14:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Knife Thrower &#064; 16 July 2003 - 14:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-LoStEmPiRe@16 July 2003 - 12:29
    If that happened it would be so crap.&nbsp; Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;m anti anti-seppo, and i&#39;m greatful for their ww2 efforts, but I think we can stand on our own 2 feet.

OTOH, we don&#39;t need to be the 51st state to be part of USA.&nbsp; We already copy everything they do.&nbsp; I&#39;m dreading the day our legal system becomes like theirs (oh god, it&#39;s already started&#33
    Their legal system is not as bad as the one in the UK.[/b][/quote]
    Wanna bet. Americans cannot seem to take responsibility for their actions and Aussies are becoming like that too.

A woman in the US spilled McDonalds hot coffee on herself - She sued McDonalds because the coffee is too hot. WTF? What a retard. To make coffee, you boil water. The boiling point of water is 100 degrees. What did she expect&#33;

Caesar Barber tries to sue McDonals/KFC/Wendys/anyone else he can think of because he is too fat, and he didn&#39;t know junk food was unhealthy for you. Caesar were you dropped on your head at birth?
    I&#39;m sure there are many more examples

This is now starting to happen here
    A 28 yr old male sued his local council when he dived head first into a sandbank and became paralysed. He claimed the council was at fault because he was swimming in between the flags there shouldnt&#39; have been any danger. Its the ocean, it&#39;s unpredictable. How about looking first before you dive into the water dipshit. He won &#036;4 000 000 - yes &#036;4 million for his own stupidity. Perhaps he shouldn&#39;t have had that eccy the night before, or the longneck an hour before he went in.

A 27 year old man was awarded &#036;5.7 million after becoming paralysed from a wrestling move.

And you say UK is worse?

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Just to be in keeeping with current trends....I am suing heinz cos they didnt warn me that if i jerked off with ketchup it would burn.....i am looking at a 57pence payout&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Originally posted by LoStEmPiRe@16 July 2003 - 20:02
    Americans cannot seem to take responsibility for their actions
    Could you be a little less encompassing with you&#39;re generalizations please?

I take plenty of responsibility for my own actions.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    i didn&#39;t read any of ur opinion but i think it would be cool to have AUS jion us even tho that would mean we&#39;d be one of the sources of the Crocidile hunter but i think some sort of mishap on the solo flying plane with only him on board on his way to America coiuld solve that

10. Lounge   -   #30
    LoStEmPiRe's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by j2k4+16 July 2003 - 17:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 &#064; 16 July 2003 - 17:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>All our problems, and &#39;roos and dingos and sheep to boot? [/b]

What sort of problems do you think they cause?

<!--QuoteBegin-j2k4

Why would they want to join us? [/quote]

Exactly. Nice place to holiday, nice people I&#39;m sure, but we don&#39;t want to be part of you permanently

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast