Thread: Problems Opening Downloaded Files

I have tried to open Terminator 3 with all known possible codec, it's an avi file, It doesn't work in avi, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I even went to a website and got a special codec for this movie, that still doesn't work, I have redownloaded from other users , same problem. Any answers?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    It may just be a dud file. I've downloaded SLD codec pack off of Kazaa-lite, and I've never needed another movie codec.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    i get them alot but i download off TMD and 99% its the real file

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    That's who i downloaded from TMD, then tried from SWITCH, none of them work, what player did you use to open them?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    if it comes down to it, you can re-encode the film using virtualdub.
    if you re-encode it with another codec then you should be able to play it

recommended player for avi for me is BS Player (included in K-Lite codec pack)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    either a dud file (faaaaaaaake), or, you need to encode it, try using TMPGenc (i think thats the name) and try encoding to VCD, then, if it doesnt work... then it is most definately a fakey...

tralalala

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    just because TMD is in the name of the file, that doesn&#39;t mean that, that file is real. When I download files from TMD I usually go to #TMD-Moviez (irc channel) and see if there really is a file. Then I check to see if the name and the size match exactly. If it does then I download it.