Thread: Moniter Problems

i was wondering if anyone could help me i have a celeron processor, just put new ram in, havent installed nothing new as in programs, when i shut down my computer and restart the moniter wont come on it goes into standby and just sits there, ive also went into the bios settings and nothing seems to be helping, so my question is, do you think my moniter is dying? please let me know if you can help me, thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    sorry, i dont understand,
    is the problem that your monitor no longer turns on automatically? but u can still get it to turn on somehow?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I don't understand either but if it's giving you a message like no signal. Try reconnecting your Video card, check that you didn't bump a cord or something etc . . Try rebuilding your P.C. by disconnecting/reconnecting but before doing that make sure you got all your driver files.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    I have seen this behaviour before, but I can't remember the cause.
    I am assuming that to get it to come back on if you have to remove power from the pc.
    Some more details of hardware, os etc may jog my memory.

Meantime, try resetting the plug'n'play data in the bios.

Edit: btw, I don't think it is a monitor problem.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i appreciate the help, and ive done all that stuff, im getting ready to take an ak-47 to it. somehow i agree with u i dont think its the moniter i just need to regroup and it will come to me thanks anyways

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Hmm, can you edit the monitor settings in the osd? Some of the high end ones let you change power save settings. Turn it off at the monitor and let the pc put it into standby. Probably wont help as it sounds like the video card has eaten it.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    You may have done this already but remove the memory you've just installed and try powering up.

And do as stated above. Re-seat your graphics card, unplug the power cord for awhile and check the pins of the monitors' connect cable.

FYI, your monitor gets a signal to power up from your PC.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    ok heres the deal, i finally got it going after reseating everything inside, i had to go back to win me, where i was running 2000 pro, it took it all down to the last of installing and the moniter quit on me again, its like when its up and running after it gets hot it quits and shuts the moniter down, there is no fan inside it, only the one on the power supply, so now do u think i have it narrowed down to a getting a power supply or just get a cooling fan? thanxs

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    i had to go back to win me, where i was running 2000 pro
    So you were running Windows ME, than Windows 2000, and now you're back to Windows ME? I'm not sure I understand.

there is no fan inside it, only the one on the power supply
    Are you talking about the PC power supply? And what cooling fan are you talking about?

Your PC power supply is very easily [and cheaply] replaced. The fan inside a PC power supply isn't.

It sounds like the best thing to do, before spending money, is try that monitor on a friends' PC.

Eliminate the simple, obvious things first.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    *Grunt*
    Hold the button down or switch off from the mains