Thread: My pc crashed...Lost all bookmarks...Any help

Poster BT Rep: +3
    My pc crashed yesterday. All i know was i updated windows. The update was successful but my comp never woke up again. I had to re-install windows and lost all bookmars. i've been in around 150 bt trackers (most of them are not on the ratings here)and it's quite hard to remember all those. Is there any link or some help i can remake my bookmarks? Any help is appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-thread-142471

here is some of them

I also suggest using Firefox and backup your passwords and bookmarks
    by going to programs and saving Mozilla Firefox and also saving Documents and Settings
    (your computer name)\Application Data Mozilla and never lose them again.

if your pc crashes again just reinstall firefox and replace the files with the above files that were saved

Cheers
    Last edited by mortalman; 11-07-2007 at 02:14 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    150 Tracker wow your a good collector...

I do not think that you can remake your bookmarks... Maybe next time try to save your bookmarks and back it up...I always backup my bookmarks every end of the month..
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalman View Post
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-thread-142471

here is some of them

I also suggest using Firefox and backup your passwords and bookmarks
    by going to programs and saving Mozilla Firefox and also saving Documents and Settings
    (your computer name)\Application Data Mozilla and never lose them again.

if your pc crashes again just reinstall firefox and replace the files with the above files that were saved

Cheers
    I had to format the drive cause of lack of space while installation. So it won't work that way. Thanks anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post
    150 Tracker wow your a good collector...
    Not a collector. Most of them are crap, open signups most times. But for me, they are worth.
    Last edited by silhoutte; 11-07-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Beenieman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I use a plugin called google-sync, it keeps a backup of my bookmarks in Firefox and auto updates everytime i close Firefox also backs up my passwords etc, It saves me lots of time and effort when ever I format because all I have to do is load the plugin back into firefox and sign in and bingo! All my usernames / passwords and bookmarks

Google Sync

ps. give it a try
    Rent this space

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    go buy a freaking flash drive, they are like 5 bucks, and back up your stuff next time mang!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    dnero73's Avatar Poster
    i back mystuff up and i use googlebrowser sync pretty cool extension

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    DannyGnXz's Avatar Just say NO 2 Tradin BT Rep: +3
    I use a firefox extension called FEBE. With it you can restore firefox to exactly the way you had when you backed up. Backups are set to be as frequent as you like. Saves everything, bookmarks, all extensions, history, themes, cookies, preferences, etc... Can be used to reinstall firefox on a fresh hdd

The Spirit of Something Greater