Thread: How the seedbox will be rented

sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hi,

I am seen many people ask for the seedbox for rent. How they going to download and seed and what is the point downloading and seeding the torrents as the ration will remain same. Secondly what if the ip adddress is changes as the seedbox will have its own ip address. As per certain sites they have the ban on if the ip changes. I mean the the entire ip address. Not in case of dynamic ip...

Please explain in detail...
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    the point of a seedbox is that it has a better/faster connection then your home machine. This way you can get much much more upload, and improve your ratio. For the IP change, a lot of people will PM staff and let them know they will be using a seedbox. Most sites can tell the difference between a server IP (seedbox) and a home connection, so they won't ban for that kind of IP change.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I accept your answer. However how the person sitting in another place will download. Does he uses some kind of remote connection to connect to the seedbox and then download the files and uploads it?
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    spark's Avatar Super Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Yes, you can control MSWindows based seeboxes via MSRemoteDesktopConnection (aka RDC) it comes with MSWindows XP..
    <NES> lol
    <NES> I download something from Napster
    <NES> And the same guy I downloaded it from starts downloading it from me when I'm done
    <NES> I message him and say "What are you doing? I just got that from you"
    <NES> "getting my song back fucker"

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Yes, you can control MSWindows based seeboxes via MSRemoteDesktopConnection (aka RDC) it comes with MSWindows XP..
    Or you can use other methods such as VNC, ssh (unix) and even the nifty webui for uTorrent. To pull the data from your seed box, you then use FTP.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Most seedboxes are configured to use utorrent by default because it has a powerful remote tool in it the webui, what this does is gives you the ability to browse the torrent sites from your home machine download the torrent files locally and then upload them to the server through the webui. The webui is an html page on the server set to a specific port, it gives you a web version of utorrent. You then upload the torrent files to the server via the webui and the copy of utorrent on the server begins to download the data.
    You can still access the server remotely via rdc (windows) or vnc (linux) but by using the utorrent webui there is far less need to do this, since all the information about the active torrents on the server etc are available to view locally through the webui.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    web gui is the best for sharing, i mean sharing
    for lending, RDC is better.

Left out