Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Cd Burner Do You Have And How Do Like It?

lynx's Avatar .
    Try disccity in Uk for reliable discs (cd & dvd).

£5 delivery so it bumps the price up if you are only buying one lot, but if you can get together with some friends you can save quite a lot.

Cd burner 24x10x40 Mirai (rebadged Sanyo), great because it will burn over 90 mins (with the right media).

Dvd - Sony DW-U10A. Superb for DVD, but won't burn cd's more than 80 mins.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    I have a PLEXTOR, and every copy of a CDROM that I have made works perfect when I use it as the SOURCE and the Destination. Even those CDs that "require original CD". No "no-CD" hack required.

I use CloneCD.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by lynx@20 July 2003 - 20:23
    Try disccity in Uk for reliable discs (cd & dvd).

£5 delivery so it bumps the price up if you are only buying one lot, but if you can get together with some friends you can save quite a lot.

Cheers Lynx

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    chalkmongoose
    I have a plextor as well, and it works fine. I wonder though, I've seen DVD players sold at Ebay for about fifty bucks. Say you by accident removed the laser and the chips and bits, and then by accident slapped it into a CD RW burner, would you buy accident have made a DVD burner?

B/c the only difference I can see between 30 dollar CD RW burners and 300 dollar DVD burners is in the lazer.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    I have a plextor as well, and it works fine. I wonder though, I've seen DVD players sold at Ebay for about fifty bucks. Say you by accident removed the laser and the chips and bits, and then by accident slapped it into a CD RW burner, would you buy accident have made a DVD burner?
    Tell me you're joking?!?!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    chalkmongoose
    Yep...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    My cdwriter is an liteon 52x24x52 for £35 Autdirect

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12