Thread: Best Way To Split A Movie

Poster
    What program would I use to split an .avi format movie into 5 different parts that can be encoded into svcd format. i would like to burn a movie onto 5 different cds using svcd format at 2100bitrate, i know how to encode the movie, i just don't know how to split the movie into smaller parts, so i can encode them to the format i want.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    VirtualDub usually works for me

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Yes Virtual dub is the best, you may have to extract the audio though, there is a quick tutorial in the link in my signature.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    I use TMPGEnc works pretty good for me.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    virtual dub as avi, it saves only the part you select and (i guess) it saves a new index at the end. Here's my question. For what reason would you save as "segmented avi"? Does it create an index on a "segmented avi" at the end or what? The reason I ask is often a movie comes in 2 parts. After I append the 2 parts often I have to break the movie up into 3 parts so it will fit on one cd-r for a svcd burn. Also I have 3 versions of virtual dub. Mp3-freeze, virtual dub 1.3c, and virtual dub mod 1.5.1.1a(build1215). The 1.3c and mp3 freeze versions were not installed by an installer and I don't know how to compile. So they are just exe's. Do these versions save the avi's differently?
    Oh and assume my 2 part movie has vbr... often it does unfortunately. Then after I append and re-divide I have to extract the wav.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.