Thread: What Sound Card Do I Need

Poster
    what sound card do i need to send the audio signal to an external audio source like a stereo. please help.

thanks in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    any sound card will do, all you need is a specific lead. one with a headphone connection on one end and a phono on the other.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    If ur stereo/hifi supports it then digital (either optical or SPDIF) would be worth looking into

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    i have a dvd player that supports hooking other devices into it by using the red and white round cables. but my sounds card don't fit them. can anyone tell me if a soundblaster live 5.1 will fit them? cuz i'm buying one soon. plz reply soon. thx

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    can i just go to my local radioshack to pick on up? and what ezactly am i looking for? sorry i'm a noob when it comes to this stuff.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    i have a dvd player that supports hooking other devices into it by using the red and white round cables. but my sounds card don't fit them. can anyone tell me if a soundblaster live 5.1 will fit them? cuz i'm buying one soon. plz reply soon. thx
    are you sure about that since most dvd players have these phono connectors to output sound not input it.

What you need is a 3.5 mm jack to phone lead. mine cost me about £20 for a rather long gold plated one.

Of course you would need phono inputs on your stereo.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i made mine for free, of some old tv connectors and old headphones.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    yes my dvd player is actually a home theature system, and has 3 different settings for inputting devices. it uses the classic rca red and white wires. but i'm buying an adapter from radioshack tonight, i tried to make my own but cut the wire wrong and cut the bass cable, so i have no bass with it. but thats fine for now since in half an hour i'll have it all hooked up and working.

thanks for your help ppl!