Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best UK ISP?

punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I'm looking for a new ISP and was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I'm looking for a good speed and unlimited usage and obviously one who's not going to have big issues with me using bittorrent.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Be Pro:

https://www.bethere.co.uk/broadbandoffice.do

Can someone who knows more about this stuff than me check it over and see if it looks like a good deal or not?

Cheers

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    i have been looking to change isp recently, having spent a few long years with bulldog - a good isp for sure, great speeds at a fair price.

be pro was the best thing i could find and i have two friends already using them that report good things back to me. for value and speed, i think they offer the best deal.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    either the one you say or virgin media CABLE

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    I'm looking for a new ISP and was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I'm looking for a good speed and unlimited usage and obviously one who's not going to have big issues with me using bittorrent.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Be Pro:

https://www.bethere.co.uk/broadbandoffice.do

Can someone who knows more about this stuff than me check it over and see if it looks like a good deal or not?

Cheers
    I fully recommend them, especially the Pro package, you get a decent upstream and I never have any problems about how much am using it or what I am using it for, and I use it 24/7
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Definitely Be. https://www.bethere.co.uk/

I got my Be Pro connection a few weeks ago.

It........ is............................awesome. However, use OpenDNS (Be's DNS has a bad rep) and specify Google's IPs in your hosts file (OpenDNS redirects Google traffic), and make sure you use a static IP to avoid having to wait 40 minutes for your DHCP lease to timeout. And make sure you keep your BeBox vertical or maybe upsidedown to aid heat dissipation.

Going by how much I transferred last month, I'll probably do a good 200 gigs of traffic this month. And Be just doesn't care.
    Last edited by smiggy; 11-08-2007 at 06:45 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Go with Be*.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I'm on Be and can vouch for it's reliability and speed. No throttling, just a decent service as expected. And it has a short minimum contract too if you don't like it. I don't get commission by the way!
    Last edited by ccriminal; 11-10-2007 at 08:32 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    DONT GET VIRGIN CABLE!!!!!!!

they have speedcaps, if you download a little they'll half your speed, plus the reliability is crap, you'll be on the phone to them like twice a week.

btw, does bethere have any speedcaps?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DoN BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Don't go for Virgin media whatever you do. They half your speed between a certain time of the day.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TorrentJunky View Post
    Don't go for Virgin media whatever you do. They half your speed between a certain time of the day.
    well, for me, they half my speed after 12.am too, which they shouldnt and even when i dont download a certain amount they still cap my speeds. the fukers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast