Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to play HD x264 movie from laptop onto 60' Plasma?

Well that depends on your cennections, if your laptop is male and the tv female then yes, if not then no.
    The Signature & Avatar Rules - No adverts or referral links

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by matt526 View Post
    So it looks like S-video but it's really component?
    what is the proper name for the output?
    It is an extended svideo port, though I don't believe it has an official name.

A standard 4-pin svideo plug can be inserted to use svideo signals. Alternatively an adapter can be inserted to use the other pins.

You can only get so many ports on the end of the card, so it makes sense to combine them when possible.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    s-video max resolution is 480i. you cannot display HD content thru s-video. you'll have to use DVI, VGA, or HDMI. in matt526's case, the video card has a specialized port that only looks like s-video but splits off into component with that adapter. i'm not sure what the correct name for it is.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I just set up my 50 inch hdtv as a second monitor and I love it! HD x264 looks great and even the standard definition looks pretty good.

Media player classic is my favorite player, there is a nice codec pack that comes with it that can be downloaded here.

I have hdmi inputs on the teli so I used a dvi to hdmi converter and an hdmi cable.

This site has great prices on cables of any lengths.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12