Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE 6 or 7?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars

Unsure

Now windows update is like hey, you should update to IE7. i've been using ie6 this whole time

i don't really need the tabbed browsing thing. i have maxthon, and it's a million times better than any form of ie standalone.

should i update to ie7?

i heard the cookies are all bunched into 1 file now... how does that work? how would you be able to use something like cccleaner and look at which cookies you want to delete?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I don't use IE much either but did the update for security reasons , your choice I guess .

It explains it a little better here :

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...e/default.mspx

Nice nuts by the way .
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-05-2007 at 12:46 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    yeah, not really helping u out or anything but i did the same as peat. i just updated to ie7 for security reasons and cuz i could. i never use ie at all. i only use firefox and if a page doesnt' render properly i just ietab so it does. nothing to add. just my $0.02.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Can one uninstall IE 7 , You know using System Restore or Add /Remove Wizard ? That would be my big concern if I used Microsoft's browser alot . Just a thought tho .

Sorry I meant revert back to IE 6 if you want . I learnt a long time ago not to fuck with peoples browsers, just give a choice and they'll decide .
    Last edited by peat moss; 10-05-2007 at 05:07 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power View Post
    Now windows update is like hey, you should update to IE7. i've been using ie6 this whole time

i don't really need the tabbed browsing thing. i have maxthon, and it's a million times better than any form of ie standalone.

should i update to ie7?

i heard the cookies are all bunched into 1 file now... how does that work? how would you be able to use something like cccleaner and look at which cookies you want to delete?
    Yeah, Internet Explorer 7 Now Available to Pirates

I love tabbed browsing. I had some problems with IE7 crashingn'stuff until I used their XP pre-beta SP3. Go figure.

If you're going with IE7 then http://www.ie7pro.com/ addon is a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Can one uninstall IE 7 , You know using System Restore or Add /Remove Wizard ? That would be my big concern if I used Microsoft's browser alot . Just a thought tho .

Sorry I meant revert back to IE 6 if you want . I learnt a long time ago not to fuck with peoples browsers, just give a choice and they'll decide .
    You can uninstall IE7 from the Add/Remove progs.

That'll revert you back to IE6. If you try to uninstall IE6 (or the original M$ outlook) thru Windows Components it'll only pretend to. That's just weird, but true.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i think that IE7 is more compact than 6 and with a better interface. You chose what to use!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ROFL-LOL's Avatar I Like You BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Well, I user 7 more that 6, but mostly i use FF.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    does anyone know about the ie7 cookies thing? does it actually consolidate all cookies into 1 file?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Can't MS leave a person alone? First it was Vista... Now its IE7.

They are trying to force people to use the new stuff. I'm sure one day they won't allow XP to access the internet. They'll tell you to use Vista... sheesh!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power View Post
    does anyone know about the ie7 cookies thing? does it actually consolidate all cookies into 1 file?
    No, but there is always the Index.dat file for both IE6 n'7.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast