Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Most Depressing,darkest Song Ever

hypoluxa3k
    Tool, NIN, Tea Party and ole Nick Cave make very dark songs but they are all beautiful rather than depressing

also, check out Swans and Lydia Lunch.

2. Music   -   #12
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Iced Earth - Dantes Inferno

A really long song about venturing through hell. It can be kinda depressing but you may have to look at the lyrics to hear what the singer is saying.

3. Music   -   #13
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Okay then, try this one on fer size...

Love will tear us apart by The Underground Lovers

I saw an interview with a couple of members of the band a few years ago... Apparently, the guy that wrote and sung it killed himself just before the song's retail release - it roared up the charts, and went on to become a major influence for many musicians years after. Is that dark and depressing enough?

4. Music   -   #14
    When I am depressed I like to listen to some good old Metallica (Turn The Page, The Unforgiven, The Unforgiven 2) but sometimes I also put on some Diva Destruction, which is gothic rock.

5. Music   -   #15
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Tea Party - The Messenger or Heaven Coming Down

6. Music   -   #16
    jrday's Avatar Poster
    Slipknot - Iowa. A looooong depressing and dark song. And not as heavy as the rest of their work

7. Music   -   #17
    "you always say goodnight" and "everything" by the juliana theory are really depressing.. especially the first one.
    it manages to get me in tears at times.. know it might sound crazy-(but probably I am)

but anyways thx for all the good songs, it's amazing how much is out there..

and there is a reason why more and more groups are making more and more sad songs...everything's falling to pieces...

8. Music   -   #18
    Cathal Coughlan's Black River Falls.

I wanna slash my wrists every time I hear it.

M

9. Music   -   #19
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    Originally posted by hypoluxa3k@16 July 2003 - 22:29
    Tool, NIN, Tea Party and ole Nick Cave make very dark songs but they are all beautiful rather than depressing

also, check out Swans and Lydia Lunch.
    very true, very true indeed.....

i love Tool and A Perfect Cirlce, Maynard Keenan just has a way of making the most beautiful yet depressing and angst-driven music....

also, if u want depressing, go listen to some old Nirvana......and Staind - Dysfunction is a pretty sad album too....Deftones' Around the Fur or White Pony albums are not exactly depressing, but they will definitely put you into a trance.....

10. Music   -   #20
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Stone Sour - Bother

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast