Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tracker recommendations while Demonoid is down?

BlackHayate's Avatar Poster
    Well, seeing as Demonoid is down for a while, what trackers would you guys(and girls) recommend I join to fill the gap? Demonoid was the site I relied on the most for my torrenting needs, I believe it'll be back eventually as I haven't heard anything about a raid or arrests but while it's gone I'm going to be missing out a bit on quality torrents.

I'd really hate to have to go back to the days where I was stuck prowling mininova and the pirate bay for low quality torrents.

Thanks

Edit: If you aren't comfortable posting urls in here, feel free to PM me with them. I appreciate the help.
    Last edited by BlackHayate; 11-10-2007 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Clarification

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    With oink and demonoid both going down, i don't think we have any other good option of a tracker with wide variety of content.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to cobble together some niche trackers to get that kind of range of content. At least I've got my gaming needs covered with Bitgamer and Underground-Gamer. They aren't much for speed of release though.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    nothing can beat demonoid

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Nothing that I've seen
    But I'm sure it will be back, they recovered from the CRIA once, they'll do it again. And so long as Deimos(demonoid's admin) is still around Demonoid will continue to revive itself whenever it's taken down.
    Last edited by BlackHayate; 11-09-2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot foreve View Post
    nothing can beat demonoid
    DEMONOID is where you could find anything(USED TO)

unreal i can't believe this shit with all this sites going down
    well i guess it is time to start going to blockbusters/Hollywood video/gamefly and rip what i want they can't stop that bitch ass anti piracy groups

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    AnestesiaGeral's Avatar SickBoy BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    The less we talk about it, the better.

They are out there...

The more private we keep the private tracker names and whats going on there the better.

Right now, they are only private because people call them that. With all the reviews around, its pretty easy for those "whose name I shall not pronounce" to keep up to date.

Staff here should do something about it. Don't know what, but something...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yes, they are watching us.
    They are among us from 1947.
    Beware...
    /me wears his tin-foil hat

on another note i think that the assholes are already aware of big trackers like demonoid, oink and so on.
    Yet tracker like TPB are even more famous, though they aren't closed.
    On the contrary they kick all those law enforcments agencies butts.
    Keep it up.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    uniquename
    I can tecommend tvtorrents.com for... well obviously tv. Always seems to be a >10:1 S:L ratio.
    Kinda tough to get invites tho. I think you have to give you invitee some credits to get started, so no freebies.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Mayhem's Avatar 70|2|23|\|73|2 BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    invitations are unlimited i think, but you have to give 1G,5G... to your invitee.
    There are also open registration, but you have to upload before downloading.
    Anyhow i think people are looking for a general huge tracker and not specific content trackers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast