Thread: Problems Playing New 360 Backups!!

Poster
    I can't get this, or any new 360 backup, working. And I really don't know why.

All of my old backups (Bioshock and older) work perfectly, they load first time and they are all on Verbatim discs. But my newer backup attemps, also on Verbatim (Singapore not India!) just won't load at all.

I've not changed my 360 Hitachi 3102L (or whatever the number is) firmware since I had it modified last year and my burner is still exactly the same, using the exact same CloneCD/DVDInfo Pro method. I burn at 1x speed which usually ends up being 2.4x when CloneCD starts writing.

But no matter what I do with WWE 2008, Bladestorm and Juiced 2 - I just can't get them to load on the 360. Infact the only recent one that works is Half Life Orange Box. And I have no idea why that works, but it did take me two burns on the same media. I just get an 'unplayable disc' error with everything else. I've tried the POT tweak with no luck at all. I still get the same 'unplayable disc' error and a short occasional grinding/scraping noise just before the error message comes up.

Does anyone have any ideas at all as to what could be going wrong when all my old backups and originals work perfectly well? I'd appreciate any help at all, either in here or via PM!
    Last edited by Kaje; 11-09-2007 at 11:19 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Maybe you have to patch the new games or something? I buy all my 360 games.

Do you go on Xbox Live with your modified Xbox?

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Not sure about patching new games, they're all pre-patched etc. as far as I'm aware.

I never go on Live with the Xbox now it's modded, far too risky!!

4. Games   -   #4
    I hear with some 360 mods that you can easily switch to the official 360 firmware to go on Live. Have you heard about this?

Maybe you should upgrade your firmware. Also, I think you should check some 360 mod forums for suggestions, imo, that's what I would do.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    I've never heard of that before, but will have a look into it.

I'm skeptical that it's the firmware as all of my old backups work perfectly well and so does one (out of 3 attempts) copy of Half Life Orange Box.

I'm wondering if it's my burner so I'm going to have a look for one today, but if it turns out not to be, it's an expensive needless purchase!

I've replaced my burner, Lite-On for Lite-On and.........my first burn on Aone media worked like a charm.

Before, it would get to around 50% on the Aone and fail, this time it went all the way through, at 8x speed and worked in the 360 perfectly.

The new burner only cost me £25 too!
    Last edited by Kaje; 11-10-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Games   -   #6
    Awesome deal on the burner. Good luck with your games, Kaje.

7. Games   -   #7
    express98's Avatar Poster

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kaje View Post
    I've never heard of that before, but will have a look into it.

I'm skeptical that it's the firmware as all of my old backups work perfectly well and so does one (out of 3 attempts) copy of Half Life Orange Box.

I'm wondering if it's my burner so I'm going to have a look for one today, but if it turns out not to be, it's an expensive needless purchase!

I've replaced my burner, Lite-On for Lite-On and.........my first burn on Aone media worked like a charm.

Before, it would get to around 50% on the Aone and fail, this time it went all the way through, at 8x speed and worked in the 360 perfectly.

The new burner only cost me £25 too!
    Could have been a bad set of discs,had same prob not long ago looked closly at the discs and there was a flaw on every 1,least ya sorted now

8. Games   -   #8
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    people who get banned are the ones who download the games, since each individual disc has a unique ID, don't you think it would be a little bit iffy if you saw 500+ copies with the same ID playing on live at the same time? . a few of my friends have been playing their backups on live for ages, even during the banning crisis.....about a year ago, they all pitched in some money and bought a Samsung Kreon drive (a DVD drive that reads Xbox360 titles perfectly)..........then they go rent the game, rip it and burn a copy for each person, so its less obvious that the copy of the game they are playing is not an original disc. works out well

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lukee View Post
    people who get banned are the ones who download the games, since each individual disc has a unique ID, don't you think it would be a little bit iffy if you saw 500+ copies with the same ID playing on live at the same time? . a few of my friends have been playing their backups on live for ages, even during the banning crisis.....about a year ago, they all pitched in some money and bought a Samsung Kreon drive (a DVD drive that reads Xbox360 titles perfectly)..........then they go rent the game, rip it and burn a copy for each person, so its less obvious that the copy of the game they are playing is not an original disc. works out well
    Or you could just buy the game if it is good enough (save up) and you can get that mod to switch to official firmware then use Live. Whenever you want to play your backups, just switch back to the hacked firmware and have fun.