Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Read-elite invite section

MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I would like to see if any members are interested in starting an elite invite section. One in which only extremely trusted and obviously commited people to the torrent scene can be admitted to.

Maybe Im idealistic, but, I hate to not be able to help other "up and coming" members much like I have been helped. But at the same time, Im a DONOR and have ATLEAST a 100 gb buffer on each and every tracker I'm on...Im not gonna lose my account that I have built up, put effort and MONEY, just to help some fucking up and coming prick/cheater....sorry...

But I would like to start an elite section that we can see who is who, what they are about, what they stand for, and what they have done...is any one interested? anyone know what has to be done here on FST to get it started?

*I hope this is the right section*

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    There's already 2 secret sections for that purpose, when you know the right person of either section, depending upon your history, you might get invited to one or the other.

Is there really room for another elite section to serve your purpose, an elite invites section? I very much doubt it.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Interesting. Do they just randomly pop up out of nowhere?

<-

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Very Interesting ..

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    There's already 2 secret sections for that purpose, when you know the right person of either section, depending upon your history, you might get invited to one or the other.

Is there really room for another elite section to serve your purpose, an elite invites section? I very much doubt it.
    They're secret?

yo

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    It just seems the newer users don't know about them skizo, you could always tell them about the other forum sections ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    i certainly have no idea what you are talking about. Although i really do not need to i wish for no invites to anything ever again unless there is another major fatality of a site that i use, but if there is somewhere else i might have something to offer in it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    It just seems the newer users don't know about them skizo, you could always tell them about the other forum sections ?
    No need really. While they sections aren't a secret, we do not openly advertise them. You see, the more people know about them, the more PMs I have begging for entry.

If a member is here long enough and is recommended by a member who is already in one of the hidden sections, a vote is taken on whether or not to add them.

Basically, there is no need to advertise as it's more of a "Don't ask us; we'll ask you" situation.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

never knew they existed...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    another nice thread to start the usual fight between traders, retired traders, non-traders and anti-traders...

Anyway, from what I 've heard these private places never served the purpose of acquiring high level invites.

Hardly ever any invite is offered and even these are not even picked up, since these trusted senior members do not idle there to get invites, but rather to talk freely and safely without all these spammers in the their feet, know each other better and of course help each other if someone has a problem with something.

Whoever looks for an easy way to get rare invites that way should search somewhere else.

Whoever wants to get in just to offer some invites is also meaningless, since these senior members and com. reps hardly ever need any invites.

A new section for trusted noobs that would actually need invites and would probably use them wisely I am not sure how could be implemented and under what criteria could anyone be admitted.

Invites are meant for people we really know well anyway and not for someone who belongs in an "elite" group.
    Last edited by znik; 11-17-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast