Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metallica Sues Band Over Usage Of E, F Chords

sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    The only thing I can really say about this is that I'm really thankful that I've never liked Metallica
    at all, and I've never bought any of their music. Fuck Metallica, fuck Lars. He should be hung up by his cock,
    then sued for crying like a girl, just like Michael Jackson. Who owned the chords before Metallica?
    Nobody. They don't own them now. But they can purchase them from all the ear-equipped humans
    for $100Bil.

Honestly, it's a damn shame. Why should Metallica be compensated for being complete, shit-for-brains,
    noncreative wastes?
    First, your band sucks and lacks any diversity, so you use the
    same two fucking chords, over and over, back to back. So much so that every song you make sounds
    the fucking same. You drone on for ten years and think you own the concept for being boring, repetitive
    and fucking lazy.
    Then again, perhaps this Unfaith band deserves to be put out of business.
    After all, if you're copying a band who, admittedly, hasn't released anything really original
    since the mid eighties, then you're really stupid enough to warrant being shot for social preservation.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

2. Music   -   #12
    The only thing I can really say about this is that I'm really thankful that I've never liked Metallica
    at all, and I've never bought any of their music. Fuck Metallica, fuck Lars. He should be hung up by his cock,
    then sued for crying like a girl, just like Michael Jackson. Who owned the chords before Metallica?
    Nobody. They don't own them now. But they can purchase them from all the ear-equipped humans
    for $100Bil.

Honestly, it's a damn shame. Why should Metallica be compensated for being complete, shit-for-brains,
    noncreative wastes?
    First, your band sucks and lacks any diversity, so you use the
    same two fucking chords, over and over, back to back. So much so that every song you make sounds
    the fucking same. You drone on for ten years and think you own the concept for being boring, repetitive
    and fucking lazy.
    Then again, perhaps this Unfaith band deserves to be put out of business.
    After all, if you're copying a band who, admittedly, hasn't released anything really original
    since the mid eighties, then you're really stupid enough to warrant being shot for social preservation.
    I doubt that metallica is an unoriginal band.... They have been around for 20 years. Lacks diversity? COME ON!

First you wanna be jack off fans whine and complain that Metallica has sold out.... it's so unfair that all their albums don't sound like seek and destroy or and justice for all!Then we get these ya whos who think they have a clue about music saying that it all sounds the same. Well, go listen to elvis or whatever shit you are listening to.

Besides, the Unfaith band was putting out a whole bunch of songs saying they were metallica or something weren't they??? I think that is really what the case is about.

BTW.... if you really want a two chord band, look at nirvana.... Bet you were hard into them and this is what got you started on this whole "Musical Philosphy" or theory or whatever the hell you claim it to be!

Anyways.... back on track here......
    Lars is fucked! I seriously cannot believe this band is one of my faves.... Maybe he should check into the substance abuse treatment centre like James. The E and F chord!

So my question that I posted to the Metallica web site was, do you deserve to be sued for ripping those chords off of led zepplin, danzig and such??? You do use a lot of blues riffs in your songs, so if you want to get compensation, you really should consider paying out to the blues legends as well.
    And lars.... don't even get me started on how many different rythms you have copied over the years.

3. Music   -   #13
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Nope, never liked Nirvana either.
    See my comments in the "Ding, Dong, Kurt Cobain is Dead" thread. Or whatever it was called.
    You purchased Metallica CD's? You're part of the reason these morons are in a position to be
    such massive fuckwads. Thanks a heap. Dumbass.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Music   -   #14
    metallica only care about money not about there fans anymore thats why im boycotting them

5. Music   -   #15
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Well, I was going to post this, since I figured some of you'd get a chuckle out of it, but BOT beat me to it.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Music   -   #16
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    This is just ridiculous Mettalic might as well sue everyone C and F chords what??? so what?? 90% of music these days is done by a power chord I always thought that Metallica only knew how to play a 5th chord anyway like g5 there forgetting that Kith Moon from the Who was the musican that created and envented power chords as there so called

7. Music   -   #17
    Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    Originally posted by Gurahl@16 July 2003 - 19:40
    Hey, I breathe air, just like they do... Do you think they're gonna sue me?

Thanks to Metallica, another opportunity to say it again: don't do drugs that may f**k your brains up !
    I was just thinking, the next thing that is going to happen is we are going to be charged a fee to breathe air, and if we are caught snagging a free breath, we are getting our asses sued!

Argh, Mateys! :pirate:

8. Music   -   #18
    that is just really fucking stupid

9. Music   -   #19
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by sum_sicko@17 July 2003 - 20:31
    that is just really fucking stupid
    couldn't of said it better myself...

10. Music   -   #20
    Poster
    I don't believe this to be real. There is nothing on the MTV site (the real site) or Metallica site (real site) to show this IS real. The address does not link to any MTV or Metallica site and when trying to change its address a bit you get "Forbidden page" which suggests someone has put a lot of work into making this a fake. Also as far as I am aware you can not sue over two chord useage, there has to be four stolen bars to warrant a court-case!

so basically, if it was real the you show me a real link that leads to a real metallica or mtv site, then I will believe this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast