Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metallica Sues Band Over Usage Of E, F Chords

Out of The Ordinary
    ...get more bizarre.

According to MTV.com, Metallica are suing independant Canadian rockers Unfaith over what they call "unsanctioned usage of two chords [Metallica] have been using since 1982 : E and F."

"People are going to get on our case again for this, but try to see it from our point of view just once," stated drummer Lars Ulrich. He adds that they're not saying they own the two chords, individually - "that would be ridiculous" - just that in that specific order, people have grown to associate E, F with their music, and their continued usage in the same song causes "confusion, deception and mistake in the minds of the public."
    You can read the whole surreal article here

Metallica.com has issued an official statement on the subject here

Credit: MTV.com, Metallica.com

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/article...hp?news_id=3586

BOT

2. Music   -   #2
    there was a composer sued for using silence in his music a while back
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Music   -   #3
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    OMFG &#33;

This is probably possible only in US (the land of the laywers),
    i mean, c&#39;mon, a &#39;lil bit of common sence, anyone?

Whats next? Sue ppl using Distortion on their Guitar sound as it is associated so well
    in Metallicas music?
    ...or swearing?
    ...or using double bass drums?

If they can pull this out, nobodys safe from the wrath of Metallica.

Spoiler: Show

4. Music   -   #4
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Hey, I breathe air, just like they do... Do you think they&#39;re gonna sue me?

Thanks to Metallica, another opportunity to say it again: don&#39;t do drugs that may f**k your brains up &#33;

5. Music   -   #5
    WTF&#33;

This is the stupidest most pathetic fucking thing I think I&#39;ve ever heard.

I really don&#39;t know how anyone can even listen to these guys anymore, just based on their sheer stupidity and greed.

If these were my kids I would slap, then kick, then disown them. Then slap them again. And again. Idiots.

btw - for those with the intellect of the members of Metallica, I do not actually believe in corporal punishment on children or anyone else. Just these morons.

6. Music   -   #6
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    This goes well with the "Sure The World" flash movie someone posted here a little while ago.

7. Music   -   #7
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    bah.. what a steaming pile.

Looks like Lars just wants to buy another limo... the guy&#39;s such a poseur.

Cliff would be spinning in his grave so fast by now that he could be used as an alternative power source.

8. Music   -   #8
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@17 July 2003 - 00:49
    there was a composer sued for using silence in his music a while back
    http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/2.../23/uk.silence/
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Music   -   #9
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hmmm metallica will sue Australia soon because we are copying America *sad state of affairs we are living in thanks to Mr. Howard...*

10. Music   -   #10
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@17 July 2003 - 00:08
    This is probably possible only in US (the land of the laywers),

The more it goes the weirder they (Lars) get. Every time they (Lars) speak out against something its always him as the lone representative for Metallica. Tight ass.

GS you are right people in the US cry for the silliest things. My favorite has to be Spike Lee. Recently he filed a lawsuit against TNN for using the name Spike TV. Spike Lee said that it might confuse people and wanted the name to be changed. I&#39;ll be damn he took them to court and he won. Now come on be serious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast