Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: What If Bt Suddenly Cease To Exist? What Will You Do? How To Survive?

Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA View Post
    no protocol can die, only the methods can.
    BT is not a method its an internet protocol, just like original p2p networks, they couldnt be killed only the application installed over them can be killed.
    anyway newsgroup is the way to go, am already using it on BT side for large files. its headache free but again you may go seed same files over trackers
    agree!

even the shameless Kazaa still alive, although it full of viruses ,fake files and easy to track and hack the client.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    I'd do rapidshare, or maybe even newsgroups

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Although the newsgroup thing intrigues Herrick greatly, I can't see myself paying for something I can get for free. Sure, I have to wait 12 hours or so to get the latest game, but at least I'm not paying for it. I'm not sure what I'd do if BT were no more. Lots of you mangs mention Rapidshare. Is that good for really huuuuge files like new PC Games?
    DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrick View Post
    Although the newsgroup thing intrigues Herrick greatly, I can't see myself paying for something I can get for free. Sure, I have to wait 12 hours or so to get the latest game, but at least I'm not paying for it. I'm not sure what I'd do if BT were no more. Lots of you mangs mention Rapidshare. Is that good for really huuuuge files like new PC Games?
    Newsgroups is by far the superior option between the two. Using AltBinz and Newzbin I have 100+ days of content to download* and 200+ days with Giganews, all at max speeds which downloads, fixes, and extracts itself.

* As an example, Newzbin provides approximately 120,000+ posts of content** whilst the average on my private trackers is maybe about 10,000.

** That's new and old content. At max speed. All the time. With no need to upload.

There's no contest really.

Many people have free newsgroup access with their ISP as well and don't pay anything.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post

Newsgroups is by far the superior option between the two. Using AltBinz and Newzbin I have 100+ days of content to download* and 200+ days with Giganews, all at max speeds which downloads, fixes, and extracts itself.

* As an example, Newzbin provides approximately 120,000+ posts of content** whilst the average on my private trackers is maybe about 10,000.

** That's new and old content. At max speed. All the time. With no need to upload.

There's no contest really.

Many people have free newsgroup access with their ISP as well and don't pay anything.
    I searched on this forum and apparently, my ISP's news server is very crappy for downloads, so I'd probably have to pay for a good one. I'm sure these news groups are great if one download's a lot but I only download a couple of games and some songs a month.
    DISPLAY thy Breasts, My Julia!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    rovama's Avatar ✩✩✩✩✩✩ BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    I guess i'd get a Rapidshit acc. I have never used any newsgroups

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Back to IRC and private ftp's for me. Maybe a nice DC++ hub. Newsgroups is always a good option, even with BitTorrent. Giganews is amazing. Point is, the world wouldn't end

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    AugustoP's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Usenet, KAD, Soulseek.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    i will start buying dvd's/mp3 to support the artist and MPAA/RIAA

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    If BT is gone, i would buy the original stuff!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast