Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its obvious now.. Waffles>What

MaaxHimself's Avatar ‡ Borat Sagdiyev ‡ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Yeah, I agree. I first got whatcd, and now have waffles also.
    Waffles is alot better right now, as whatcd is down, again.

More torrents, more selection, better tracker.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    if you guys only knew the issues that were coming up and most are now out of anyones control. ddos and server issues. give it time and what will be a strong contender. i personally hope both sites turn out to be fantastic i hate relying on one tracker as we all know what can happen when you do that.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    mp3guru's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misledhope View Post
    if you guys only knew the issues that were coming up and most are now out of anyones control. ddos and server issues. give it time and what will be a strong contender. i personally hope both sites turn out to be fantastic i hate relying on one tracker as we all know what can happen when you do that.
    I agree. We can all be better served with having more than one great music tracker! I think a lot of the competition is overblown. Both competing sites (at least those presented in this thread) are brand new! Give both sites some months to grow and be awesome

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    not really, then it takes twice as much effor for seeding/dl'ing, I like my trackers to be a monopoloy

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    WhoopDeDoo's Avatar Cutie <3 BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Well, I just got waffles, and I've gotta say it's amazing. Love it. It's definately going to be/is already better than What.cd by a long shot.
    Last edited by WhoopDeDoo; 11-12-2007 at 01:29 AM.

Music lover, baby.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    it's just a matter or time till we will find the ultimate music tracker, the problem is how to unite all those Oink members to make the growth going faster..

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by zorozilka View Post
    it's just a matter or time till we will find the ultimate music tracker, the problem is how to unite all those Oink members to make the growth going faster..
    Well... not to wish bad things, but if one of the trackers would up and die, the users would flock to the latter. Competition is great, it forces the admins to make a better tracker, but honestly had waffles and what.cd not come out at the same time, then there would be a lot more members confined to just one tracker, making it a much closer substitute for OiNK.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by sexydingo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zorozilka View Post
    Well... not to wish bad things, but if one of the trackers would up and die, the users would flock to the latter. Competition is great, it forces the admins to make a better tracker, but honestly had waffles and what.cd not come out at the same time, then there would be a lot more members confined to just one tracker, making it a much closer substitute for OiNK.
    somewhere, with the soreness of the instability of What, it somewhere helps the competing as you said, but my point was is how we you unite all ex-Oinkers to one site.
    this might prevent you from keeping 4 different trackers, each one for it's specialized content.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    sexydingo's Avatar ☆Trance Addict☆ BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by zorozilka
    somewhere, with the soreness of the instability of What, it somewhere helps the competing as you said, but my point was is how we you unite all ex-Oinkers to one site.
    this might prevent you from keeping 4 different trackers, each one for it's specialized content.
    Its true, and you know its annoying having to seed multiple sites too. Users would maintain much better ratios if they didn't have to spread their precious bandwidth over so many different sites

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Then your back to having one giant site with 200k+ members and it becomes the only target.

<-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast