Thread: Pop Up Problem

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Latley While using this board I will get a pop up window out of nowhere which looks like it is a PM message (becasue its the same size as the PM box that comes up) nothing will appear in box it will just come up with "Page Cannot be Found ect."

This has been happening at a regular basis latley. can anyone answer my question as to why this is happening?? Is it my problem or is anyone else else getting this problem too?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hogster@16 July 2003 - 22:50
    Latley While using this board I will get a pop up window out of nowhere which looks like it is a PM message (becasue its the same size as the PM box that comes up) nothing will appear in box it will just come up with "Page Cannot be Found ect."

This has been happening at a regular basis latley. can anyone answer my question as to why this is happening?? Is it my problem or is anyone else else getting this problem too?
    Maybe it has something to do with the Hosts file...

http://www.geocities.com/Klitehostsfile

Sometimes all the hosts file will do is block a Ad..sometimes the ad still pops up but it says Page Cannot Be Displayed.....

Tell me the URL next time so i can see if i have that one yet.

EDIT:

BTW.....thats my little hosts file place.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    hmm

How about any background applications that might be running on your computer that might be bringing up a pop-up ad.
    I dont get any popups (after disabling Ad-aware) anywhere.
    Whats your connection type?
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@16 July 2003 - 22:57
    hmm

How about any background applications that might be running on your computer that might be bringing up a pop-up ad.
    He has 56k but i dont think it has to do with that...it has to do with the Hosts File..Like i said in my post above.

EDIT:

Also get on AIM I.am

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

My Connection type is a 56k modem

As for running other applications in the backround even when I havn&#39;t been the pop up still have come up at times. It&#39;s really starting to get anoying.

and next time I will get the URL when it happens

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard@16 July 2003 - 22:58

EDIT:

Also get on AIM I.am
    lol did you shuffle my name

@hogster
    Getting the url will be helpful then.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ok I have just got the URL right now here it is

http://ad.trafficmp.com/tmpad

Does anyone know whats making this hapen?

If this has nothing to do with Our website and Forum then please move it to the correct section

EDIT thanks Balamm

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    It&#39;s a problem with your network configuration. You need to clear your dns settings and restart. hopefully auto DHCP will fix it.

You should delete the line with your system path from that post too. It&#39;s too easy to follow into your system if someone wanted to.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    You have one of those redirectors installed. Shitty spyware basically. time to run a better anti spyware cleaner or update.

Moving this to software.