Thread: Are Bittorent Links Allowed?

8. Posting of direct download links to copyrighted software, private ftp sites, serial numbers, and Warez sites (including Serial Sites) are prohibited. Posts directly or indirectly containing this information will be edited. Sig2dat quicklinks and hashes are NOT considered to be DDL, so those are allowed.
    Are bittorent links allowed, there seems to be some that are left and others edited, just wondering.
    Is there a degree of, can we link the page but not to the torrent directly?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Torrent links should be allowed. They're not direct in any way, and I see a lot of torrent files being posted so I think that it is allowed.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    Yes they are

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Originally posted by Alucard1475@17 July 2003 - 06:19
    Yes they are
    they are as direct as hashes for kazaa
    they do not actually allow download of copyrighted software themselves, they require another piece of software.
    therefore, they are not direct download links
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Prefer not to have them, as the links go dead often. We really don&#39;t need posts all over the site with dead links. Any filesharing posted not directly related to klite itself will be moved to Other P2P FileSharing, so keep it there. Unless the site becomes universal to ALL filesharing links, it&#39;s best we maintain the klite atmosphere as that is what this forum&#39;s creation was based on.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    yes, it is direct links, maybe not allowed. So i would not recomend posting them.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Originally posted by Wizzandabe@17 July 2003 - 20:07
    yes, it is direct links, maybe not allowed. So i would not recomend posting them.
    do torrent links work without a bitt client?
    i&#39;m just making sure
    if they don&#39;t, they&#39;re not direct download links, if they do, they are

simple
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    no they dont.

and often when i post a hash, i will post a bt link for the exact same file, which i see no problems with...

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Originally posted by CornerPocket@17 July 2003 - 13:24
    Prefer not to have them, as the links go dead often. We really don&#39;t need posts all over the site with dead links. Any filesharing posted not directly related to klite itself will be moved to Other P2P FileSharing, so keep it there. Unless the site becomes universal to ALL filesharing links, it&#39;s best we maintain the klite atmosphere as that is what this forum&#39;s creation was based on.
    Good reaoning sounds good, I will just keep PM&#39;ing them when needed. thanks.