Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: do i need fsc or revolt?

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i made up my mind about this tracker and need a little advice from members.

my question is should i apply for a membership?

here are some thoughts:

content:

what i really don't need is another 0day scene tracker. i'm more than happy with the tracker i have. so as long as there isn't any special content i'd say no regarding the content.
    i will not buffer another scene tracker.

community:

i'm on quite a few (so called) high level tracker and most of them have a nice community.
    my problem is sometimes i feel a little too old for the topics.
    i have a job, a gf and i'm 36.
    topics like "rate that chick next door", "how much do you upload" or talk about the newest games is something i'm just not interested in, sorry.

16yo people have other interests than 36yo.
    when i was 16 i was playing games as well, but on a commodore 64

i'm looking for general mature bittorrent talk, maybe some mac stuff, tv/movies/music and some fun. (without useless spam topics)

so a more mature forum would probably suit me being old and all

please tell me something about the forums there!
    how active are they?
    i'd prefer advice from people who are active there and know what they are talking about.

back to the topic:

would i benefit from revolt or f++?
    convince me!

if it's worth it i may start convincing you

p.s. i don't give a shit how rare f++ is. be honest and don't talk sweet about the tracker just because it's rare and you are a proud level 9 whore.
    if you tell me i don't need it - that's perfectly fine for me.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-12-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: privacy rules

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    im new around revolt but what you are looking for seems to be there.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Man, there are several interesting free forums around, where you can talk about everything with interesting people. My experience tells me that private trackers userbases are in their majoraty teenagers. Maybe you should try FSC and REVOLT, but you will see more activity in free forums like FileSharingTalk.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    dont have revolt
    but FSC have great forum and great staff

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    I understand exactly what you mean about the "age" situation on some trackers. I'm a bit older than you, and definataly feel my age on some the tracker forums. Threads discussing hot "jailbait", and what 14-15 year old girl they would do, make me weep for other fathers out there.

I, myself, am not concerned. I have a concealed weapon permit, have been an expert marksman since my days in the 101st Airborne, and I will shoot anyone within 10 feet of my little girl.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I think you would benifit from FSC ... I really do ... only problem u may find is that with the userbase so low so is the forum activity ...
    Last edited by fifty99; 11-12-2007 at 07:21 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I hate how people are going around saying "I'm looking for a good community". Revolts forums is nothing special compared to any other tracker's forum. I see almost the same topics there that I see everywhere else. I just think people believe revolt has such a "great" community because its so hard to get into and that its mostly know for its forum. If I was you, I would stop chasing for revolt.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    SaviouR's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    what i really don't need is another 0day scene tracker. i'm more than happy with the tracker i have. so as long as there isn't any special content i'd say no regarding the content.
    i will not buffer another scene tracker.
    I'll be very frank here . U seem to be genuine with ur request of a Good forum with no intention of downloading/uploading and i'll give a genuine answer . its none of the torrent sites , there are tons of forum sites which are dedicated to music/movies/fun/politics/30+ ages stuff which will suit u much better than looking for a community in the torrent sites . its like finding ppl in caves to play a game of chess with u . the primary intention of coming to a torrent site , atleast 90% of them , is to download stuff , u must have also seen in most of the torrent sites its the almost same ppl speaking around in forums . If u REALLY and Genuniely want ppl of ur age having a good chat there are many forums u can search on the net which can suit ur wavelength .

But

if u want the community "only" in a torrent site , where ur opinions about not downloading *may change* , then the best bet would the ones u mentioned above .

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Why go searching for a random forum on th net when there are obviously great forums you know of within our commnunity. Revolt has members here on FST, which is one bonus, and most of them there are in the torrent scene - another plus.

Sure there are tons of various forums throughout cyberspace, but there are not that many quality forums which are moderated well with a tight nit group of dedicated users. Users you have alot in common with personally and scene-wise.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    You will find that good & active members belong to both of what you mention, and imo there is no harm in seeking both either, and they will certainly meet the level of maturity you desire.

If I was you, I would make a request in the invite section for both, practically using the template as your OP here as your basis for the request, and I'm sure you will be invited to both places without hesitation, and I know you will fit right in from the off once you get your invite.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast