Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista

Poster BT Rep: +1
    What is your opinion about Windows Vista?

Should i upgrade from Windows XP?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100

Vista is buggy, slow, and computer hardware demanding... I think MS shouldn't have released it that soon.

I'd suggest that you try switching to Ubuntu instead. It's way faster than any version of Windows and you never have to defragment your hard drive because it has an excellent file system. It's also very secure, that you don't have to worry about viruses. Also, it just recently took a big step when it comes to hardware compatibility, with the help of hardware companies like Intel, ATI, and NVIDIA, which the latter two just released stable drivers for Linux. You don't need to have a fast and high-end computer to run Ubuntu and the best thing about it is it's FREE.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Thank you very much!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I haven't used Vista on my own computer yet, but I've had plenty of experience using on others, (and fixing all its fuckups at work and my friend's computers). When I put it on mine, its going to be in a dual boot with XP pro as the other OS. I'll only use Vista for the things it has to be used for, like certain games and DX10. Other than that, it actually will give slower frame rates for games than XP.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    svr's Avatar Ultimata Warrior BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Used vista almost 200 days and 0 bluescreens. Cant say same for XP.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Vista is nice, just make sure you've got atleast 2GB or ram in your rig. I wouldn't recommend it if you are an avid gamer.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    i use vista on my work machine. it's good for multi-tasking. very user-friendly. haven't attempted any graphics-intensive work though. it's an LG laptop with onboard intel graphics. p.o.s. if you ask me, but it was cheap and that's why the company bought it. suits my needs.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Charles Lindbergh's Avatar one of the good guys BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Hi itayfeiner!

I think that you don't have to do that now. Wait few months until service pack for Vista is released than you could try. It will be same story like XP.

And of course, you must have good configuration because Vista loves to "eat" your performances .

P.S. You can also run DirectX 10 on your Windows XP.

Regards !!!
    Last edited by Charles Lindbergh; 11-20-2007 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    u don't need windows vista atm, but if u plan on playing new dx10 games u will. as of now there isn't much difference between dx9 and the dx10 upgrade for the same game (so, u can get by with XP for @ least another 6 months). they are mild differences and as said be4 if u don't have the appropriate hardware to run vista ur rig will be slow.

Quote Originally Posted by 100mbit View Post
    You can also run DirectX 10 on your Windows XP.
    wrong.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    u don't need windows vista atm, but if u plan on playing new dx10 games u will. as of now there isn't much difference between dx9 and the dx10 upgrade for the same game (so, u can get by with XP for @ least another 6 months). they are mild differences and as said be4 if u don't have the appropriate hardware to run vista ur rig will be slow.

Quote Originally Posted by 100mbit View Post
    You can also run DirectX 10 on your Windows XP.
    wrong.
    Actually DX10 on XP is in fact possible.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquir...-on-windows-xp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast