Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remember Your First Computer

Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    My first was a case-computer where you could have taken it wherever you wanted. It was quite heavy and the keyboard was attached to it.

Then it broke, actually I broke it. I tried to fix some errors on the screen(computer technican at 14 ), without actually knowing what I was doing.
    The screen was moveable up and down, so to hold the screen, I placed a glass full of water on the keyboard(how smart don't you think), I have no idea why I did it. To see any changes, I left the pc on while I was fixing the screen. I pushed some wires into the pc screen(how smart again ) to somehow fix it.

The glass eventually fell over and the water, well, into the keyboard. Smoke was coming out of the computer and eventually filled up my room.
    Then my dad came running into the room. He first tried to do something about the computer and then to kill me. I ran into the bathroom and stayed there for 2 hours untill the situation has calmed down. I still got beaten up and the computer landed into the rubbish bin.
    Damn, if I had been alone, I could have burned down the whole house including myself.

Maybe I didn't wanted to do anything about the smoke 'cause I liked fire as hell.

That's the story of my first computer. Sadly we just had it for a month...

2. Lounge   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    hmm mine wa a C64 13 years ago now

3. Lounge   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I had a 56K Spectrum, but that was terrible, the "function" button broke, and we could do nothing with it (you needed it to run the tapes)

then we got a 386 SX 25Hz...wow that was a PC....does anyone remember Prince of Persia game? man thems was the good old days!
    <insert signature here>

4. Lounge   -   #4
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Mine was a Commodore Vic 20 which I swapped for a Spectrum 48k.
    That was about 20 years ago.
    And I&#39;m still only 29. Ah, this thread takes me right back.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Alucard1475's Avatar Poster
    vivitron 15 Posted on 17 July 2003 - 18:21
    &nbsp; I had a 56K Spectrum, but that was terrible, the "function" button broke, and we could do nothing with it (you needed it to run the tapes)

then we got a 386 SX 25Hz...wow that was a PC....does anyone remember Prince of Persia game? man thems was the good old days&#33;&nbsp; &nbsp;
    Oh yeah, Prince of Persia... wondering if I still can find it somewhere as a rom. I&#39;ll check it out. Nice reminder....

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    My first comp was a spectrum 28k, but my first actual PC which was my own, I&#39;m using to type this

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

7. Lounge   -   #7
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Mijn was a Philips MSX.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    My very first was a spectrum 16k with the rubber keys,i think i only had one game ,caterpillars.Then i had one of those tv game things,which u could play squash,tennis,and football just bouncing a small square dot back and forth.But my first pc was a 486,cpu 25 or 33hz.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    hmm mine wa a C64 13 years ago now
    I had a commodore too. Fav games? Bruce Lee(it was so f*cking funny), Ultima III, Parallax, Bard&#39;s Tale, Goonies, and Spy Hunter. I can&#39;t remember cuz there were so many.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I had a weird crappy thingy... with 30 hz etc. I always played Keen Dreams on that one&#33; That really rocked&#33;

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast