Thread: Shutdown ?

Anyone know where I can find the executable to shutdown my pc *XP* ?
    Using objectbar and need a shortcut to it.. (on demand by my little lady :-" )

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    What ?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    What 'what' ?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    He said he wants to be able to create a shortcut that when clicked will shut down his comp, I think. But why, is the question that springs to mind, is the process really so difficult to shut it down at the moment? Do u have a recnet computer cos then just pushing the power button will make it shutdown properly? Sorry I don't know if or where the executable would be.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Click on http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...022&hl=shutdown

Scroll down to the bottom and find the answer I gave there to make a shortcut to shutdown/restart your pc.

Hope this helps!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by I.am@17 July 2003 - 10:11

Scroll down to the bottom and find the answer I gave there to make a shortcut to shutdown/restart your pc.

Hope this helps&#33;
    thx

Shortcut works like a charm but I get a message &#39; U can now turn off your pc&#39; at the end.
    Is there a string that I can attach for a &#39;click and forget&#39; shutdown ?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i get the same problem with 2000, if i shutdown by using the start menu it turns off, but if i use the button on my keyboard it displays the its now safe to turn of your computer message

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Moeli+17 July 2003 - 05:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Moeli @ 17 July 2003 - 05:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@17 July 2003 - 10:11

Hope this helps&#33;
    thx

Shortcut works like a charm but I get a message &#39; U can now turn off your pc&#39; at the end.
    Is there a string that I can attach for a &#39;click and forget&#39; shutdown ? [/b][/quote]
    Not that I know of &#33; But I will look into it...see if i find something.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>