I have a common problem with HDbits
    My acc have been disabled for having multiplies acc
    The reason: IP of my seedbox use another 2 users
    This is shared seedbox, there are 5 another torrentmaniacs on it
    But explanation is very easy
    I live in Spain and always have logged me on the site from spanish IP
    The other ones are from Poland and log on from Poland
    The server is in Germany and this can be checked as well
    So it's imposible to have three acc and log on with each nick from different country
    Have to add I'm a good user, my ratio is high
    I have talked on IRC but didn't get enough time to explain the metter clearly
    If someone can help with it I would be realy gratefull
    I count HDbits as one of the best trackers and want my membership back

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    its best to talk to them, we cant do anything. or if there is a staff member here that may help you. but try to contact them again in the irc

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    antonpolaco's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sina1260 View Post
    its best to talk to them, we cant do anything. or if there is a staff member here that may help you. but try to contact them again in the irc
    I'm sorry but they don't want to talk with me on IRC anymore
    The admin of my seedbox doesn't speak english so FST is my last chance.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by antonpolaco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sina1260 View Post
    I'm sorry but they don't want to talk with me on IRC anymore
    The admin of my seedbox doesn't speak english so FST is my last chance.

Maybe somebody that you know and is a HDbits user could contact Admin and if you give that person a clear and easy-to-read explanation, and you ask him/her to expose your case in a quite environment, not something so immediate as IRC...
    Sorry colega, nothing else comes to my mind...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    There are alot of users with seedboxes on HDbits, so there must be another reason for the acc to be disabled. The problem is the shared IPs. Each seedbox account should come with a couple of IPs. If not, then you should invest in one.

There may have been some other stuff going on between the accounts that was a little unregular.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    they told me on IRC the problem was: 3 users from one IP and nothing more.

someone help plz

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Ghost+Rider's Avatar Trading=Sux BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Do such things occur@ SCT as well?
    Live as totally and as passionately as possible,because it is through intense living that you will find the divine.The divine is nothing but the life lived at optimum,with total abandon,a dance danced so totally that the dancer disappears;only the dance remains.Then u have found and u have come home.

Pls don't make trackers your dream/ambition,There is much more to do in your life!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    You can use 3 IP's at ScT..
    eee

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Yes, well, the problem is less multiple IPs per account but the same shared IP on three(+) accounts. Of course it can be checked that we're talking about a dedicated server and not some isp but this is still something I would've asked the staff before I did it.

On another note: there have been a few "someone wants to share a seedbox?" threads in the HDBits forums so this topic shouldn't be new to the staff. The only thing in the rules or FAQ on that topic is the following but it doesn't mention any restrictions:

2. There are multiple http://hdbits.org users in the LAN
    Each torrent will be associated with the user's ip and passkey. The stats for each user should be recorded accurately because the stats depend on both to function properly.

edit: it should be additionally clarified that renting extra IPs can be scarily expensive at the wrong hosters, I've seen costs of up to 10 usd for one single ip and accepting that prize doesn't make any sense for a <100usd box. You should always have an eye on that because some hosters purposely design their products in a certain way that gets them good profits through expensive extras that many customers will need sooner or later.
    Last edited by Daniel; 11-13-2007 at 11:42 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    yes I understand that having idividual IP is good for both sides but the reality is often not so bright
    we don't get so much offers in Polish net, one can not choose from full spectrum of possibilities
    if you find quite fast serwer, reasonable admin, it's good
    money metters as well and metters much
    besides as far as I know vast number of usersin any country is sharing their servs
    so whole that thing is not about technical net details
    is that mistakes happen, and is possible to deal with them but it needs to talk not to cut the other side off like a parachuter without anything on his back
    I am very sorry about loosing my membership but hope stuffs on other good trackers will not be so senslessly cruel because without seedboxes I can leave in my favorites folder only btJunkie

I'm unbaned thanks to help of my friend who is on the site too

I appreciate attention of everyone who has posted in that thread
    Last edited by antonpolaco; 11-13-2007 at 10:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast