Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Downloading 120 Files At One Time

Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+18 July 2003 - 00:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 18 July 2003 - 00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Champ@17 July 2003 - 22:23
    when u say it increases i assume you guys mean each file dl not your total speed right... cause otherwise that would make perfect sense... more stuff is dling the more speed you can add up to a total haha just makin sure and 300kb/s shit, what kinda modem u have?
    wtf are you talking about??

[/b][/quote]
    exactly wat id say

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    You can not download more than the physical limit of the line or account permits you. Sometimes programs display increadible DL speeds but that is not correct. You might have already downloaded some parts before the programs actually shows that it is downloading, so it will calculate that in and give you incorrect speeds.

SiRius128 Posted on 17 July 2003 - 21:15

&nbsp; u all say that 56k modems can go TOPS 56k bu the top they can actually go is 43kbs. thats why no faster dial-up modems have been made cause its not the modem its the actuall phone line.i no it doesnt sound like much of a dif. but when ur using dial-up it really is.
    SiRius128, what you are saying is wrong, the standard 56.6K is just not capable of transmitting data that fast. However, DSL can transmit 1.5 Mbps (some ISPs may give you more or less bandwidth) over regular copper telephone lines, which means that the phone lines are not the bottleneck but the modem is.

And remember we are talking about transmission speed here, which is expressed in megabits/kilobits per second. That means if you have a 56.6 kilobits per second modem, you can download with a physical maximum of 7.075 kilobytes per second&#33; When you connect with your modem it will tell you with what speed it was able to connect. So, if is says "Connected to EarthLink with 48.000 kbps" that means you are connected with a physical maximum of 48 kilobits per second or 6 kilobytes per second.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I have tried that. But one time i was getting 400Kb/s on TWO files.

Which is fine for my 10Mb connection

But the highest i have gone is 800Kb/s total. For like 20 minutes.

Speed tests show i am capable for more. So i didn&#39;t double what my internet could go.

I just haven&#39;t reached my max speed on kazaa.

If you download a speed test from optimum online i get 900Kb/s

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I maybe wrong but I think the original post works in the same way as jumping supernode or restarting k-lite.Both restart the program on a new node which can give your downloads a boost, but for some reason if your download is really slow at say 1.77kb/s and you have a broadband connection I find searching and downloading a really popular file like say wonderwall by oasis can help.For some reason it speeds up your other downloads aswell.I don&#39;t know why but it works for me.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    I maybe wrong but I think the original post works in the same way as jumping supernode or restarting k-lite.Both restart the program on a new node which can give your downloads a boost, but for some reason if your download is really slow at say 1.77kb/s and you have a broadband connection I find searching and downloading a really popular file like say wonderwall by oasis can help.For some reason it speeds up your other downloads aswell.I don&#39;t know why but it works for me.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Hey there forum people.

Like most people it&#39;s ok to be jealous of something that you are unsure of.
    (for all that asked how and said it wasn&#39;t posible(to download at faster speeds).

Pick 100 files enable them to start downloading at the same time all at once.

Use a time-keeping device to figure how fast you are downloading at.

That will tell you what you are exactly what speed you are really downloading at.

I didn&#39;t look at the speed column to obtain my impressive results.

If I did, it would have totaled over 600 k/b per sec. (w/1.5 mega-bit connection)&#33;&#33;

Have a great day or night, nukemdomis is out.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by MadDog-2000@17 July 2003 - 20:06
    You can not download more than the physical limit of the line or account permits you.
    I think some people know something you don&#39;t know&#33;

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I dont see how this would help you.. files fluctuate too much to be sure..
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    How do you perform a "speed test"?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    www.dslreports.com

go to tools.

speed test.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12