Thread: So 7zip cannot extract files from an .001, .002, etc. archive?

Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    I toggled in 7zip the option for files with the .001 extension to be opened with 7zip (x64). After having attempted to extract the .001 file, I recieved an error frm 7zip indicating that the "CRC failed" and that the "ISO is broken". Rar, however, extracted the ISO perfectly (that is, without problems). I proceded to extract the .001 files in the same manner with both programs:
    I first right-clicked xxxx.001 and chose open with -> program (WinRAR and 7zip). Then I pressed the extract button in the top panel of both programs. WinRAR was successful, while 7zip was not.
    My speculation: 7zip only extracts the .001 file, and does not procede to extract the following files in the archive (.002, .003, etc.), while WinRAR does. Evidence for this is the fact that 7zip competed unsuccessfully after only 5 or 10 seconds after the extract had started.

Is there a way to configure 7zip (latest x64 version) in order to fix this problem? Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Edit:
    nvm

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    You can also use hjsplit.
    see attachment.

Last edited by 100%; 11-25-2007 at 12:44 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ænima's Avatar 2 in 1 BT Rep: +1
    So... "is there a way to configure 7zip (latest x64 version) in order to fix this problem?"

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    well from my understanding (and i could be completely wrong here) if your file was originally compressed in .rar format using the .001, .002, etc. naming convention then it won't work because 7zip will always assume the file is a .7z file which it is not so you will get a broken iso error. This happened to me alot so i have both of them but if you find the answer let me know too. thanks