Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "bugs" Of This Forum

Hi there, I don't usually post in this part of the Forum, but I've noticed a few "bugs" and other issues of this Forum:

Important Links: KaZaA Lite - Homepage | KaZaA Lite - FAQ | Avatar / Signature Size | Post Count & Members' Ranks
    Should be Kazaa instead (to be consistent with the spelling of the KL tools).

2. In certain threads, there's a bug which happens, where the first post on a new page disappears until there is a post after it. (I know you can change the maximum amount of posts on a page, the default is 15, but I don't know if this bug happens with other amounts, because I haven't tried. I do know that you can view the "disappeared" post by clicking on Add Reply and looking at the Last 10 Posts.)

3. The icon on the left side of each thread is sometimes bugged. It's "bright" when all the new posts in it has been viewed, and goes transparent when there's new posts that haven't been viewed, but sometimes when I view a topic and refresh the page with all the threads, all the icons of the threads below the one I just viewed go transparent even though I haven't viewed them yet.

4. Sometimes the (green) icon on the thread for polls only lights up even though there are no new posts to be viewed.

5. Basically just fix up the problems with the Forum sometimes having too many connections etc.!!!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    6. The letters of the names of Topics Titles and Topic Descriptions (except the first letter) will be lowered in case if the whole word is in capitals, please make it so that it allows all capitals without lowering the case!!! (Example: The topic of this thread is "bugs" Of This Forum, when I entered "Bugs" Of This Forum

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    4. Sometimes the (green) icon on the thread for polls only lights up even though there are no new posts to be viewed.
    i've noticed this too, it may be due to people voting, since u last read. just an idea?

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Originally posted by Livy@17 July 2003 - 22:29
    i've noticed this too, it may be due to people voting, since u last read. just an idea?
    Hehehe that must be it then... I take that back, don't change it, hehehe

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by Livy@17 July 2003 - 16:29
    That's correct Livy

Should be Kazaa instead
    I agree on that.

2. In certain threads, there's a bug which happens, where the first post on a new page disappears until there is a post after it. (I know you can change the maximum amount of posts on a page, the default is 15, but I don't know if this bug happens with other amounts, because I haven't tried. I do know that you can view the "disappeared" post by clicking on Add Reply and looking at the Last 10 Posts.)
    This has been discussed before, AFAIK it's something to do with the MySQL?

BOT

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Maybe this Forum can use the features or switch to one of the following, because I think they have support for "Attaching" pictures and other files onto messages, which will make it extremely useful (especially for screenshots etc.).

http://www.mybboard.com/
    http://www.xmbforum.com/

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Out of The Ordinary
    Originally posted by secfan@18 July 2003 - 10:47
    Maybe this Forum can use the features or switch to one of the following, because I think they have support for "Attaching" pictures and other files onto messages, which will make it extremely useful (especially for screenshots etc.).

It can be done through Invision Power Board also, but the Administrators has disabled that option.
    Back in the time You could load up images through this Forum but then it wasnt as many members as it's today.

BOT

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Originally posted by secfan@17 July 2003 - 22:27
    6. The letters of the names of Topics Titles and Topic Descriptions (except the first letter) will be lowered in case if the whole word is in capitals, please make it so that it allows all capitals without lowering the case!!! (Example: The topic of this thread is "bugs" Of This Forum, when I entered "Bugs" Of This Forum
    The Forum only seemed to lower the case of the "B" in the Topic Title only, but not for the Topic Description... (Actually what happens is that every word of the Topic Title will always have a capital first letter, and all letters afterwards will be lowered in case. However, the Topic Description is printed "as it is". I'm fine with the upper case/title case of the first letter in the Topic Title, but just don't lower the case of the letters after it.)

And perhaps add options to enter your own Topic Title/Description (and even nickname) like on some other forums (using features/switching to other forums may help)...

Finally a navigation bar on every page (preferably near the top, next to important links, like the drop down menu with all the Forum's sections) will definitely help everybody, including n00bs to navigate this Forum. I also noticed that there used to be a link at the bottom of every page that takes you back to the "parent" page of the current thread that has all the other threads of the same section in it (it doesn't exist any more). We definitely need that back, as it also helped with navigation. Also in every thread that has more than 3 pages, there are mini-links with numbers taking you directly to that page (e.g. 1 2 3 ...10), maybe add a button next to it that pops up a box that lets you enter which page you want to go to (like the button at the bottom of every thread, except now this button is now in the "parent" page).

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Originally posted by [B][O][T]+18 July 2003 - 16:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([O][T] @ 18 July 2003 - 16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-secfan@18 July 2003 - 10:47

It can be done through Invision Power Board also, but the Administrators has disabled that option.
    Back in the time You could load up images through this Forum but then it wasnt as many members as it&#39;s today.

BOT
    [/quote]
    Yes, there seems to be many more members now, with more demands to put up screenshots (especially the developers), so maybe the attachment feature can be enabled again??? (And maybe this can be done in PM&#39;s as well. This will save time for everybody, and won&#39;t waste the user&#39;s own webspace.)

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Out of The Ordinary
    There&#39;s a function for "stop shouting in topic titles"
    Example: BUGS OF THIS FORUM will be Bugs Of This Forum
    If You type "BUGS OF THIS FORUM" it will be "bugs Of This Forum"

However, the Topic Description is printed "as it is".
    That&#39;s correct, I don&#39;t think there&#39;s an option to change this.

BOT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast