Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: filesharing promotes movie - the "man from earth" success story

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    To Whom It May Concern:
    My name is Eric D. Wilkinson and I am the producer of a small independent film called “Jerome Bixby’s The Man From Earth” (our review).
    I am sending you this email after realizing that our website has had nearly 23,000 hits in the last 12 days, much of it coming from your website. In addition, our trailer, both on the www.manfromearth.com site and other sites like YouTube, MySpace and AOL has been watched nearly 20,000 times AND what’s most impressive is our ranking on IMDb went from being the 11,235th most popular movie, to the 5th most popular movie in 2 weeks (we are also the #1 independent film on IMDb & the #1 science fiction film on IMDb). How did this all happen? Two words: Torrent / File Sharing sites (well, four words and a slash).
    More specifically, RLSLOG.net. Our independent movie had next to no advertising budget and very little going for it until somebody ripped one of the DVD screeners and put the movie online for all to download. After that happened, people were watching it and started posting mostly all positive reviews on IMDb, Amazon and other places. Most of the feedback from everyone who has downloaded “The Man From Earth” has been overwhelmingly positive. People like our movie and are talking about it, all thanks to piracy on the net!
    Am I upset… surprisingly no. Thanks to everyone who has downloaded this torrrent and watched the film, our awareness level is through the roof. For that I say, “THANK YOU”!
    What you guys have done here is nothing short of amazing. In the future, I will not complain about file sharing. YOU HAVE HELPED PUT THIS LITTLE MOVIE ON THE MAP!!!! When I make my next picture, I just may upload the movie on the net myself!
    right on, finally somebody got it. it's actually a good movie and you should support those guys for their open mind and their good spirit.

download the movie and spread the word

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=328096444

http://torrentfreak.com/producer-tha...s-film-071113/

this will give some mpaa guys sleepless nights

we should stand up and give those guys a big round of applause!
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-14-2007 at 09:34 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Was a great movie.

<-

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    freedom's Avatar Kizuna ^^ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i think i will watch this movie

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Man i have to download this movie right now and go rate it..
    Love this guy!

When I make my next picture, I just may upload the movie on the net myself!
    If its any good ill actually buy it since this guy is so awesome!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Doesnt look bad at all I am also going to download this movie right now, and rate it on imdb.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Yep, great flick with some well one actors in supporting roles. Great dialogue and an interesting story. I grabbed the screener off usenet a while back and loved it.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    melatonin's Avatar the entertainer™ BT Rep: +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90
    naive guy, soon he'll be selling invites here to get a new camera for his next flick
    " Verba Volant Scripta Manent "

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by melatonin View Post
    naive guy, soon he'll be selling invites here to get a new camera for his next flick
    did you even read the post?!? I think you missed something...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    i think i just heard the mpaa take a dump!
    Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    (....God also used OINK..)

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Patriot foreve's Avatar William Wallace
    going to download the movie now ,hope it turns to be agood one not acreepy low budget movie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast