Thread: Leading BitTorrent Admins Discuss The Future of BitTorrent

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    "BitTorrent is by far the most popular way to transfer large files over the Internet, but where will it be five years from now? To get some answers to this question TorrentFreak asked the admins of Mininova, The Pirate Bay, IsoHunt and TorrentSpy what they think the future holds for BitTorrent and their websites."

"It’s hard to predict the future, especially when it comes to technology. However, that didn’t put us off and we gave it a shot. We asked the people behind the 4 largest BitTorrent sites on the Internet to tell us how they envision the future of BitTorrent.

Despite the differences these four guys sometimes have, they all believe that no other P2P protocol performs better than BitTorrent at the moment. However, there’s no doubt that there will be changes in the future."

For full details visit the source link.

Source: TorrentFreak
    Meanwhile: Steal This Film 2 Leaked on BitTorrent
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    I didn't know Bit Torrent had a future.
    There is no security built into the protocol, leaving users venerable. ISPs are rapidly learning how to throttle BT transfers on their networks.

I see things going in a totally different direction. I tried a program called Freenet a few years ago. I believe it had great promise, but was in need of further development badly. I haven't checked in on it lately though. I'm sure progress have been made.
    Last edited by Broken; 11-14-2007 at 05:21 PM.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    With P2P Tunneling and built-in VPN support, that will not be a problem.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"