View Poll Results: When do you give out Rep Points???

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • After receiving an invite

40 47.62%
  • If the poster has made a great point about something

6 7.14%
  • If the poster is giving away something for free

4 4.76%
  • Rep Points don't matter

27 32.14%
  • Never

7 8.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Rep Points... Do they really Matter

Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    They don't really matter. As u lurke around on FST and (hopefully) build up some rep, friendships will develop (or won't). One might as well disable showing his/her rep-points.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    They don't really matter. As u lurk around on FST and (hopefully) build up some rep, friendships will develop (or won't). One might as well disable showing his/her rep-points.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    The PM from a member thanking me was always good enough , did like the idea of rep points at first but it seems to get abused . Whats the point of invites if you can't give them away ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I think rep points are just some e-penis thing, and I respect people that hide them way more than those who don't. But then, I don't trade and choose to make friends instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    For me rep-points are the kiss of death If I want to give an invite to someone and they have their points showing I always think what for? Are they a trader...and are they going to trade this invite?

IMO...people that have the ability to invite you to a site like FSC won't do it because of your re-points they'll do it because they're your friend.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345