Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive Dl Of Gfa

Sorry posted this in the wrong topic

Edit: Erased

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    I don't think it is a self-extracting zip. If it was it would say application in the file properties.

Have you tried right-clicking on the file, selecting open with, then selecting winrar to open it with.

3. Games   -   #13
    The "Open With" option is not available. When I tried to open the file with Winrar the folder did not show a file (compressed) that Winrar could open.
    Perhaps I should abandon this game, eh?

4. Games   -   #14
    Have you got file extensions turned on? Go to control panel > Folder options > View tab > Untick "Hide extensions for known filetypes".

Does "grand theft auto 3" now show the filetype next to it? Eg, does it now say : "grand theft auto 3.exe" ?

5. Games   -   #15
    Sorry for the delay, but been to bed.
    I have enabled file extensions, but the file still only states ... grand theft auto 3, but no file extensions.

6. Games   -   #16
    Could my problem be when I used Ksig to download. If I pasted the hash and called the file gfa and not gfa.exe, unbeknowing to me that is what it is finally called. Is there no turning back, I can't DL 750KB again. Is that it?

7. Games   -   #17
    Try simply adding .exe to the end of the filename, should work.

8. Games   -   #18
    Off now, I will try later , many thanks

9. Games   -   #19
    Originally posted by idontbelieveit@18 July 2003 - 06:25
    Could my problem be when I used Ksig to download. If I pasted the hash and called the file gfa and not gfa.exe, unbeknowing to me that is what it is finally called. Is there no turning back, I can't DL 750KB again. Is that it?
    I do not think that k-sig will rename a file on you, but if it did then
    Try simply adding .exe to the end of the filename, should work

10. Games   -   #20
    Before I go I have to tell you that manually adding the exe file extension worked. It then unzipped to 4 files which I will deal with later. I must thank Toddiscol and the rest of you for your help and I must say patience. It appears that when using Ksig the file name you enter must be exact and not a personal one although one might think the hash was the only important thing.
    I will see If it works or I'll be back tonight (my time that is) Bi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast