Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To Update Banned Ip Ranges

Bluetack Mod
    Originally posted by Arm+31 July 2003 - 01:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm &#064; 31 July 2003 - 01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mpman2003@27 July 2003 - 21:07
    you can also just use the automatic updater made by some dude from the forum
    Download Link
    Extract the files to the folder where the bad ip range text file is and run the .bat file. Norton detects it as a "malicious script" but don&#39;t worry i have checked the script and all it is trying to do is create a new text file.
    P.S. should be integrated to the next klite installer along with the other tools.
    And my virus software detected that is a malicious script. [/b][/quote]
    This has been discussed and it is normal but i would not recommend it anymore. Aldo @ the dev forum made a program to do this now(no malicious scripts or scripts at all).

You can find that @ http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...pic=57529&st=15

I would also like to note that KLK++ 2.4.2 RC10 is now available. You can more info about that @ http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...pic=57974&st=15

Enjoy

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    im sorry, im like the biggest newbie. What does this do?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Bluetack Mod
    Originally posted by Xelemental@1 August 2003 - 06:07
    im sorry, im like the biggest newbie. What does this do?
    Perhaps you could be a little more specific.

If your refering to the batch and scripts, they update the banned IP list in KLite automatically.

If you are refering to Aldo&#39;s updater, his also updates the banned IP list but not automatically.

With the progress of the next version (KLiteK++ 2.4.2), it might be better to wait for this if you do not want to mess with the scripts and batch and it will have an IP Updater included with it.

Hope that helps.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    ummm, hehehe, WHATS AN IP ? ? ?

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Bluetack Mod
    Originally posted by DusterBuster@3 August 2003 - 09:03
    ummm, hehehe, WHATS AN IP ? ? ?
    Its an Internet Protocol Address. Simply put, it is a set of numbers that every computer has and is used to uniquely identify that computer.

it would look something like this --&#62; 192.164.23.137

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Hi this seems to be a great thing... however I have a question, When you so this manually and go here ------&#62; http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tim.leonard1/pg_plain.htm

it gives you all the Blocked IP ranges... well i want to know if i shold copy everythng including the names of these IPs like walt disney and what not or if i only copy the IPs, if i were to ony copy the IPs do i have to only put a "," after each to seperate?

I thank anyone who can respond in advance
    ~ Arctanis

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Outlaw
    You should copy everything that is on that page, exept the first line where it says "Plain Text" and the last line in the bottom where there´s a web adress to peerguardian.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    neocidicfew
    major thanx on this one&#33;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123