Thread: Barry Bonds indicted on perjury, obstruction charges

AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    its about time

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by AmpeD View Post
    its about time
    For cake?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    It's all a bunch of bull****

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Yes, I'm quite sure he's never used steroids.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    I'm quite sure he's never been proven to have used steroids.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

That might very well change with this new indictment.

Excluding all the steroid suspicions aside regarding this debacle, you have to admit there's something amiss about a guy in his late 30's who suddenly gets an unfathomable surge of power that allows him to hit 73 homers when his HR average prior to that season was around 40 or less. No player in MLB history has had this type of resurgence and we're suppose to believe that Barry is the exception and that allowed him to be the second coming of the Bambino at an age when virtually all players' abilities are at their twilight. Hell, I read somewhere that even Reggie Jackson is highly suspicious and being a Yankee fan, I highly concur.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post

Excluding all the steroid suspicions aside regarding this debacle, you have to admit there's something amiss about a guy in his late 30's who suddenly gets an unfathomable surge of power that allows him to hit 73 homers when his HR average prior to that season was around 40 or less. No player in MLB history has had this type of resurgence and we're suppose to believe that Barry is the exception and that allowed him to be the second coming of the Bambino at an age when virtually all players' abilities are at their twilight. Hell, I read somewhere that even Reggie Jackson is highly suspicious and being a Yankee fan, I highly concur.
    The only reason that people go after Barry is cuz he got the HR record. Fact.

He has failed no test for steroids. Fact.

If he has failed no test for steroids then WTF?!

A book comes out and then an investigation is launched.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone puts some shit in his food to get him at this point. I'd be suspicious if he failed a test now.

Also I totally agree that there's something amiss about the guy. He most likely has taken steroids.

That ain't the point though.

He failed no steroid test. His ex-gf saying he did it ain't enough. His trainer saying he did it ain't enough.

I didn't hear shit about this when Mark McGwire hit all those HRs and he even admitted using a substance banned in other sports at the time.

Maybe it's cuz it wasn't all time record.

On a flip side look at this.

I can imagine Henry was loike, "Aww Hell NO!!"

I'm almost inclined to believe Floyd Landis was fucked over by French.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 12-12-2007 at 08:18 AM.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I think they go after him because he is a lying, cheating, asshole, who broke the record. Fact.

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry View Post
    I think they go after him because he is a lying, cheating, asshole, who broke the record. Fact.
    I think your wrong. They have to prove he's a liar and cheater.

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post

He has failed no test for steroids. Fact.

If he has failed no test for steroids then WTF?!

A book comes out and then an investigation is launched.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone puts some shit in his food to get him at this point. I'd be suspicious if he failed a test now.

Also I totally agree that there's something amiss about the guy. He most likely has taken steroids.

That ain't the point though.

He failed no steroid test. His ex-gf saying he did it ain't enough. His trainer saying he did it ain't enough.

I didn't hear shit about this when Mark McGwire hit all those HRs and he even admitted using a substance banned in other sports at the time.

Maybe it's cuz it wasn't all time record.

On a flip side look at this.

I can imagine Henry was loike, "Aww Hell NO!!"

I'm almost inclined to believe Floyd Landis was fucked over by French.
    You admit that he most likely has taken steroids in the past yet you think all this hoopla is pointless when he's holding perhaps the most revered record in all of sports.

I'm not at all familiar with the parameters of the drug tests but I know for a fact that there were no mandatory drug tests around the years he hit those massive HR totals. Therefore, the fact that he passed the drug tests taken several years later is undoubtedly beside the point.

McGwire not receiving the same flack for being an anabolic drug user can be attributed to 3 things. He's not the record holder as you said, he doesn't have a surly personality like Barry and to some extent, the color of his skin. (It'd be naive not to think so.) But it's not like he's gone unscathed either. He was humiliated by that drug committee hearing in congress a few yrs back. The same one that made Rafael Palmeiro's legacy an afterthought. Plus he received less than half the votes it would've taken him to get enshrined in the hall on his first year of eligibility.

I don't know about you but I love the game too much to just sit back and accept the fact that the records being broken every year aren't tarnished when every indication out there says it is.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast