Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scammed out of UK-T

Quote Originally Posted by HA1L2ME View Post
    If you've done some research you would have noticed that theres no email changing in UK-T... Maybe you could have kept the account but since you PMd a mod/admin they found what happened and disabled the account. So maybe it was your fault it got disabled.
    This is more than likely exactly what happened. There is a chance that the account seller did perform a 'fair' transaction although still against tracker rules.

The thread starter just really needs to move on.

Live and you learn they say.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Why would you pay for uk-t? There's nothing there that you cant get faster elsewhere. I cant see you getting the account back, though if the guy has stolen the account back you could probably get it banned at least.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    believe me, u wont get it back

the best thing to do is to post the user name here, so it gets disabled, if it wasnt a month ago

Left out

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman1208 View Post
    About a month ago (yes, I waited that long to report it, since I didn't know where to until now) I bought a UK-T account for $30 (yes, I sunk that low) from what my friend said was a reliable source. So, we started to talk (he acted young-ish), and he gave proof of UK-T. I sent him the money, and he sent me the login info. The login info worked, and I was in. I changed the password, but noticed I couldn't change the email. I browsed around and checked out the forums. I logged out, and figured that it was best to email a staff member the next day. The next day, I couldn't login to the account. I asked him what the deal was, and he acted oddly. He said he didn't touch the account. I emailed a staff member about it, but I still haven't gotten a reply. If anyone can help me, I can provide the username of the account that was sold and stolen back, his email (the email on the account), AIM log records, Paypal records, and you can check my IP (I logged into the account around September 24th).

I'll be back in an hour or two to check my PMs.
    all i can say is you made a huge mistake. forget about uk-t, learn your lesson and never make this mistake again.

the only good thing about this is, at least you seem to be honest.

go and read something about private torrent sites and their rules before you want to become a member of another one.
    30 bucks huge?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    My light bill is coming up. How much can I get for a slighly used Torrent-Damage account?
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    If you have all the details and proof you can contact squizzle
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/squizzle-154689

and the a/c will be disabled

but I've got to say that is so

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I know lol you didnt know better then to change the email.

"Hi I just bought an account off someone and I want to change the email so he doesn't steal it back"

wtf

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I guess I forgot to mention that I don't want the account back. I want this guy banned, nothing more.

I have learned my lesson about torrent account buying/selling, as I was naive back then, but I want to earn my way to UK-T, not buy my way there. If I could buy one, right now, for $30, even if it were legit, I wouldn't take it. Getting to a level 10 site is like climbing a mountain, you start at the bottom and work your way up the path to the top. If you pay the money and get a helicopter ride to the top, then that says something about your character.

So please guys, stop busting on me about this.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    About a month ago (yes, I waited that long to report it, since I didn't know where to until now) I bought a UK-T account for $30 (yes, I sunk that low) from what my friend said was a reliable source. So, we started to talk (he acted young-ish), and he gave proof of UK-T. I sent him the money, and he sent me the login info. The login info worked, and I was in. I changed the password, but noticed I couldn't change the email. I browsed around and checked out the forums. I logged out, and figured that it was best to email a staff member the next day. The next day, I couldn't login to the account. I asked him what the deal was, and he acted oddly. He said he didn't touch the account. I emailed a staff member about it, but I still haven't gotten a reply. If anyone can help me, I can provide the username of the account that was sold and stolen back, his email (the email on the account), AIM log records, Paypal records, and you can check my IP (I logged into the account around September 24th).

So what was the reliable source, was it here? or another site.
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Cheeseman1208's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by josephs911 View Post

So what was the reliable source, was it here? or another site.
    Another site. I met the guy on RealPoor.

I guess it was a "real poor" decision.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast