Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trillian Or... Something Else?

chalkmongoose
    I'm wondering if Trillian 1 Pro is truly the best at integrating all its various bits and pieces (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, etc...)
    I find the interface extremely clunky, and the load-time miserable, so I'm wondering if any other programs exist. Downloads.com lumps too many things into one big category.
    Thanks guys

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You can always make your own skin O.o Gaim is pretty good but i dunno if it's available for windowz...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Xilo@17 July 2003 - 01:02
    You can always make your own skin O.o Gaim is pretty good but i dunno if it's available for windowz...
    GAIM is great, but I doubt it being avaliable for Windows usage. And yah, I guess I could russle up some skins on a forum somewhere.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I prefer Trillian over others and the load time here is perfectly fine.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Odigo maybe? Not as all-encompassing in the messenger types it integrates:
    Besides the Odigo network, you can also currently connect to friends on AOL Instant Messenger, ICQ, Yahoo or Msn Messenger.
    I think you need to register it too... not sure though, as I&#39;m quite happy with Trillian 0.74.

Anyway gl in your search for the perfect messenger.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Gaim is available for Windows, although it looks pretty ugly. Other than that, I can&#39;t comment on it.

I&#39;m using Trillian Pro, but yeah, the default skin is not that great... I&#39;m using Azzaro and it&#39;s pretty nice.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    No surprise you find the original interface clunky chalkmongoose - The default skin of Trillian is, quite frankly, crap

Check the Trillian web site (www.trillian.cc) for a whole list of Trillian skins. Alternatively, you can use a skinner&#39;s site (I recommend SkinBase for all skinnable applications ) and then you can find one which you&#39;ll like.

I&#39;m personally using the Aikon2 Classic LCD Pro skin, available at trillian.cc

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i dunno about dat, trillian is a pretty gud software but the interface is kinda clunky

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by ultimatejester@17 July 2003 - 16:02
    i dunno about dat, trillian is a pretty gud software but the interface is kinda clunky
    Look at my post above

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    Thanks guys. GAIM for Windows (As I just found out) is avaliable, but as was said, sucks. I&#39;m off to check out the skins you&#39;ve suggested.
    J.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast