Thread: Timed Shutdown

i cant keep runnin my computer all the time...so i was wonderin if there is a prgram dat will shut down my computer at a specific time...for ex. i want my computer to shut off in like 4 hours..so i would set the program to shut off my computer in 4 hours....ne type of program like dis??????
    thnx in advance

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    ive seen progs that do it www.download.com has a few get a crack off a website

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Retired
    rightclick on your 'screen' properties -> screensaver -> energie

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tweak Xp pro has this feature...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Go to control panel and select power options and chose one of the power schemes. But using that method will only allow you to have your computer go into hibernation, shut your hard disk off, or shut off your monitor.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    calctext98's Avatar Member
    Are you running XP? If you are, this feature is built in.

Just go to Start --> Run --> and paste this in:
    %windir%\system32\shutdown.exe -i

Then, just add your computer's name and when you want it to shutdown or restart.

Easy

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by calctext98@20 July 2003 - 21:42
    Then, just add your computer's name and when you want it to shutdown or restart.

thnx for the tip but i cant seem to get it to work cuz i cant enter my computer's name or browse..if i browse it says the direct service is unavailable

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Go here.

Be careful of these things though. I found that these type of programs aren't always real good about letting other running programs shut down before the comp powers down.
    Usually it's not a big deal but some programs (K-Lite, for instance) will sometimes lose data when just shut off.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by lucky_strike+20 July 2003 - 20:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lucky_strike @ 20 July 2003 - 20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-calctext98@20 July 2003 - 21:42
    Then, just add your computer&#39;s name and when you want it to shutdown or restart.&nbsp;

thnx for the tip but i cant seem to get it to work cuz i cant enter my computer&#39;s name or browse..if i browse it says the direct service is unavailable [/b][/quote]
    The reason that did not work is because the directory service really has to do with being logged on to a domain. In my mcse class we would run that same command and shut other computers off in the classroom just for the fun of it. It was really amusing because the other students didnt know what was going on and they would tell the instructor in a panic. But the only reason we were able to do that is because when your logged on to a domain you can browse for other computers on the domain easier than you could if they were just on a workgroup or if there was just one computer. So thats really not the method you should be trying to use.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    t
    There&#39;s a tiny program called Timebomb that may suit. It&#39;s very basic.. Try Shell Extension City
    And Karen Kenworthy has a powertool called Countdown Timer that is possibly just the ticket. http://www.karenware.com/ B)