Thread: Nero 6

sorry, i'm new--but anyhow i don't know what to do with the file i downloaded off BitTorrent - i'm really new at this and all i see is files that end with .001, .002, etc...are they .bin files? how do i get these to become something installable? sorry!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    download winrar
    and then (i am not really sure about this) you have to open the file that ends in 001. After that the files should combine into one.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ya, download and install winrar. Then right click on one of the files you downloaded, and then click on extract to here.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    um it should werk yes

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    thanks alot...i tried that already though and i'm still stuck...sorry! but what do i open it with? do i need a program to join all the files? i realize that it is a split file

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by DawG_M@18 July 2003 - 04:48
    download winrar
    and then (i am not really sure about this) you have to open the file that ends in 001. After that the files should combine into one.
    what he said

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    all i'm getting is the files extracted as they are...and nothing happening when i try and open .001...sorry if there's something simple i'm missing here

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Winrar.

You don't join anything, winrar just extracts the files to a desktop folder you created.

Open winrar, browse to the first .bin. choose extract to ......

Then open the new folder and look for setup.exe

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    thanks a lot, i think i finally got it