Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Need Help With Norton Antivirus 2003

i have a question 2 about the norton av, my live update doesnt work anymore, am i the only 1 facing this problem, plz help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    How long have you had it installed.

There's a 12 month subscription limit.
    After that, I think you can uninstall it and re-install it again.

There's also a crack that makes your subscription last 55 years (supposedly, I haven't tried it).

But mine doesn't work automatically any more, i have to do it manually.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    justin_9733 Posted on 18 July 2003 - 10:43
      norton av is about the worst virus scan ever, my advice is to unistall it if it will let you, I could not get my internet to work at all when it was installed and then i had to use safe mode to get rid of the shi*ty program. 
    i had mcafee installed and got rid of allot of virus files but then i installed NAV and could find much more

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I don't have a virus, my firewall is zonealarm and there is nothing wrong with it. I never have any problems if i use any other virus scanner than nav so why do u all like nav so much?
    AOL 9.0 Now with top speed sarcasm that is 5x funnier than normal
    dial up sarcasm complete with AOL instant stalker.

AOL 9.0 with top speed and AOL instant stalker...more expensive than saffron but worth it!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Zone alarm says it all. It seems to have a problem being installed on the same system with certain other programs, especially Norton.

I would toss it and get a program that works without prefference.

Sygate and many others will coexist well with Norton.

Why Norton? Their antivirus simply works quite well and they have excellent support, removal, and repair tools.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    chalkmongoose
    Nav rocks. I've been using it since it really first started to come out. Back then McAfee and Norton were very different companies. (I still have the diskettes if you want 'em ripped).
    I remember McAfee being a bit of an oddball. It's programs never worked (like today), but for some reason or another, they sold a lot of stuff. They also changed hands quite a bit if my memory serves me correctly. Also, I believe that originally Sym. was only a Mac product...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    My system originally came bundled with Norton Internet Security2002 (naturally NAV2002 came with it as a bonus), after being registered for a free year I eventually needed to re-register once the subscription ran dry. I used Kazaa instead and upgraded to 2003. Both programs installed perfectly over the previous versions and the subscription service renewed. It even allowed me to register SystemWorks2003 with full benefits. All three peices together have saved my PC's sorry arse more times than I can count.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by lynx@20 July 2003 - 18:45
    How long have you had it installed.

There's a 12 month subscription limit.
    After that, I think you can uninstall it and re-install it again.

There's also a crack that makes your subscription last 55 years (supposedly, I haven't tried it).

But mine doesn't work automatically any more, i have to do it manually.
    but mine used to do it automatically and now it doesnt do it either way. its been 1 month since i installed it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Poster
    You p[robably cleaned up your registry or something like that and uninstalled a part of the program,it happens,just run go to symantecs website and download a program called "RNAV2003.exe" run it and then do a reinstall.Should work perfect after that.
    Gigabyte GA7-VT600 P-L
    Athlon XP2500+ @ 3200+
    512mb OCZ DDR333 (2,3,3,7)
    Samsung SP8004h 80gig harddrive
    Radeon 9200 128 mb
    LG cdrw/dvd drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12