Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: scc thanked me with a ban

DanielleD87's Avatar bunny

Dry

I was a FLS member but I slowly got tired of my position. I wanted to just be a normal user. I asked to resign from FLS but instead I was banned for it.

I spent every day to help people as much as I could. If I saw someone with a bad ratio that would most likely be banned I would PM them and help them out as much as possible. When staff would find someone breaking a rule I would ask them to not ban the person and I would message them to make sure they understood the rules properly. I always worked hard to help others because I realized that most of the time people are ignorant and are not intentionally trying to do something wrong.

Because being FLS took up so much time and the growing need for other activities in real life I became tired of my FLS position.

I really liked SCC for the time I was on there. It is terrible it had to end this way, but regardless I know it isn't the end of the world. Next time I simply will be more cautious as to where to spend my time and only help places that explicitly want the help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    That's not cool... are you sure that's the only reason?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    there maybe some other reason cuz nobody will ban for getting down from the FLS.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    That's not cool... are you sure that's the only reason?
    Before I asked to resign from FLS I was told that if I complain to staff about anything I would be banned, so in a way asking to resign is complaining kind of. (i think)

I think this is what happened but it is speculation:
    I was told that [i'd be banned if I complained about anything] because someone on staff removed my IRC status in a channel (just half op. nothing big) and then added it back. Another staff member saw this and thought I complained about my % being removed and that is why it came back. However I never complained or said anything. I was idle, so it was something to do internally with staff I didn't know about. Regardless what happened I was told not to complain about anything or I would be banned. Requesting to leave FLS could be considered a complaint? No idea but it is a reason to ban me I think. (remember speculation. i'm guessing)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Now that is just plain vindictive childishness on another level, how sad is that? No matter how the parting of the ways happened, you should have at least left with being made VIP and on amicable terms.

Think of it as the intwerwebz being a better place due to your increased involvement in other areas, and that SCC is the one losing out.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I do think of it that way. I was one of if not the most active member on scc for a couple of months.

The truth is I felt better after leaving. I thought I would be all stressed out but the opposite happened. All of the stress and the responsibility went away so I could relax a whole lot more.

I'm not depressed about this or trying to get attention. The truth is I made this post because multiple people requested it. Probably because of all the dirt that accumulates. Certain people get their hands dirty over time if that makes any sense at all.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    That sucks. I like SCC and all, but ever since they banned GRiM, it's lost some of its specialness to me. It was where I would go for pre-scene news. Now they ban FLS?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    i don't know if I should say this but staff has been banned in the past for probably the same reason I was banned.

That reminds me. EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS: if anyone knows grim's contact info please PM it to me or ask him to PM me here. He is a really nice guy and I hate it when I loose contact with such awesome people.

It is kind of funny. After grim got banned all I had was his IP address so I got into his computer (didn't root it or anything) and kept sending messages to his FTP server and other services. I don't think he caught on and realized and then my IP was banned from either his box or home computer. Probably automated for spamming different messages through different protocols. lol maybe I should have just tried to get into his box and left a .txt for him to read.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    He's on TopHos too I think.

I have his mail, can I PM it to you?
    Last edited by Kyl3KK; 11-18-2007 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    Not very nice

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast