Thread: Most Overrated Band

Originally posted by aizlumzan@21 July 2003 - 03:25
    ROLLING STONES
    ROLLING STONES

PLZ .. Name me one good song
    brown sugar
    let's spend the night together
    honky tonk woman

one more vote here for Radiohead and Oasis as the most overrated bands. i want to say The White Stripes as well, but being a mediocre Led Zep tribute band still isn't nearly as bad or pretentious as Radiohead and Oasis.

2. Music   -   #22
    Originally posted by monkfi5h@20 July 2003 - 15:22
    I dont care if i get flamed for this but...

Linkin Park
    haha linkin park... shittest band EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i spat in chesters face and threw a glass bottle full of piss at the loser guitarist (the one that was stood on the right hand side of the stage, fuck knows what his name is).. anyway.. HAHAHAHA LINKING PARK YOUR COVERED IN MY SPIT AND PISS YOU LOSERS!!

I would also like to point out at this time that linkin park MIME ON STAGE!! .. losers had nothing plugged into the inputs on the guitars and bass.. the singers had headsets on which im sure were telling them which words to sing... the only guy doin anythin was the drummer, but the poor sod got kicked off and deftones drummer took his place.. the "DJ" mixed in the wrong samples for the songs they were playing and the whole show was a fucking farse lol!!!

O well deftones rocked and so did taproot.. after watching the taproot singer jump from the seating area balcony into the pit, i decided that there was no need to try and run past the bouncers on the downstairs doors anymore...

Anyway back to overrated bands.. Nickelback.. they should burn, Limp Bizkit.. how the hell can anyone call them good.. ok 3 dollar bill y'all was ok.. but after that they just took the piss, i mean "keep rollin rollin rollin rollin rollin" whilst doing a shitty little pop band dance routine..wtf is that about... they can go on the fire with nickelback!!

-KasS

3. Music   -   #23
    i think gay homos BUSTED

4. Music   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by kassinopious@21 July 2003 - 12:02
    Linkin Park

haha linkin park... shittest band EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]
    Haha glad im not alone here

There are just too many pop bands with guitars nowadays, busted are a prime example

<span style='color:blue'>Ladies and Gentlemen, John Frusciante</span>

5. Music   -   #25
    I hate The Strokes

6. Music   -   #26
    Linkin Park is pure garbage and OVERATED
    Limp Bizkit pure garbage not overated
    Rolling Stones are overated, they are good, just not THAT good

7. Music   -   #27
    Poster
    I&#39;m a Beatles lover since I was a child but I must tell that I have also ever loved bands like the Rolling Stones, Who, Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin, Cream, Hendrix, ...

In my humble opinion 99% of the bands known in the last, say, 20/22 years, should pay a FAIR fee for the good influence that the bands I mentioned gave them.
    Many bands mentioned in this thread did very good songs and often very good albums, but they can&#39;t compete with the importance of many amazing Bands that were almost ever EXCELLENT in the past .
    Bands like Radiohead, Metallica, Linkin Park, Oasis and a ton of others will be remembered for some songs and albums, but it is unlikely that they will influence other bands in the same matter they were influenced by the greatest old ones.

In example and speaking for myself, I can quite live without listening to Radioheads&#39; OK Computer for years, but now and then I MUST give The Bends a go since I consider it a real masterpiece...and the same thing happens often with many other Bands.

It is indeed VERY difficult to always produce GOOD MUSIC and ONLY the BEST can achieve that task regularly...and usually the best are a few...

Have a nice day & take good care everybody &#33;

8. Music   -   #28
    *Grunt*
    Westlife bitches thought they could beat the Beatles by siting in chairs hehtfm:

9. Music   -   #29
    Originally posted by soopaman@18 July 2003 - 08:13
    Nirvana - Take off the rose-tinted spectacles. They weren&#39;t that good&#33;&#33;

Nirvana weren&#39;t about the music after all, the important thing was the morals in their songs about the changing world, shitty generations.

i.e
    Come as you are - talks about how appearances are so important today ( and thats so shit >)

I could go on forever.
    Please have respect that&#39;s all im saying.If you dont like the music its perfectly fine, but their reality is something totally different-

But they were overrun by fame. FOR THE WRONG REASONS--

P.s soopaman no harm meant, just sayin my point

10. Music   -   #30
    Originally posted by iamtheoneandonlyone@21 July 2003 - 09:37
    Metallica. Songs are distasteful. It&#39;s a disgrace to music.
    Why all the hate towards metallica, I mean i understand they get alot of flack about theur views on filesharing. But there old stuff is awsome, I have not listend to any of theur stuff since LOAD, but that shit was awsome back in the day. Just wondering, I like alot of their music from back then.

Also wondering about the mention of silverchair... I have not heard from them in a long time, but they had some wasome shit back in the day to. Sucidle dreams, tomorrow.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast