Thread: Disk Cleanup

Poster
    Every time i go to run disk clean up in my utilities it starts it says calculating then jus sits there doesnt do anything. Can this be fixed or is there another program i can download that will do this?
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Every time i go to run disk clean up in my utilities it starts it says calculating then jus sits there doesnt do anything. Can this be fixed or is there another program i can download that will do this?
    hmmm...... sounds like you have done what I did I downloaded it off kazaa turned out it was the full version only let me use use a couple of the applications within the program.

However I could be completley wrong

Did you downlaod it off kazaa??

If so how big was it??

As I said I'm probaly completely wrong

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    My win2k advanced server does that too. It just takes a while to index things sometimes. I'll leave mine going overnight and hit clear all in the morning. Watch the IDE activity light and it should be flashing as it indexes.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by balamm@18 July 2003 - 03:01
    I'll leave mine going overnight and hit clear all in the morning.
    Gads!!!

Mine only takes a few seconds - but then I run it on a regular basis so there's not that much to index.

The only thing I leave run overnight is when I do an AV scan - which actually takes less than two hours.