Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: only bad news?

i wonder why the only news in the last few weeks are BAD news for the BitTorrent community. is it really have to be like that?

what i mean is, this site suppose to be a site that encourages file sharing, but by looking at the front page, it looks like a RIAA site or what ever. it looks like the site owners want to scare us the users, and make us think twice before we download anything (i know you dont, im just saying that to make a point).

im not asking you to stop bring bad news, because they warn users, but you can also bring some good news. (if im looking for bad news i open the tv, trust me from where i come from, its only bad news)
    Last edited by fOgfOx; 11-19-2007 at 04:14 PM.

"curiosity killed the fOx"

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by fOgfOx View Post
    ...but by looking at the front page it looks like a RIAA site or what ever. I look to like the site owners want to scare us, the users. And make us think twice before we download anything (I know you don’t, im just saying that to make a point).
    sorry, i really don't understand what you are talking about.

fst's frontpage looks like a riaa site?

who's scaring who?

btw the good news is the amount of free warez we download everyday - no matter what.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 11-19-2007 at 04:08 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    this site, fst, look at the front page.

few quotes from the front page:

"cooperating with police in handing over user emails" -- "FBI raid on EliteTorrents" -- "10 years in prison coupled with a fine of $500,000" -- "first to be charged" -- "faces up to 2 years in jail".... (and many others)
    Last edited by fOgfOx; 11-19-2007 at 04:24 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    doesnt make any sense at all. . FST news posters are just reporting whats happening around the filesharing world .. if you want to

ignore it like that .. do it .. cannot make those "bad news" go away
    Last edited by blackbird; 11-19-2007 at 04:41 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by fOgfOx View Post
    im not asking you to stop bring bad news, because they warn users, but you can also bring some good news.
    please read everything before comparing me to an ostrich.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I donīt get the point either.
    Thatīs what is happening.
    We, torrentbiters, need to be advised of everything whatīs happening toward to fuck up us, we know -or must know- that this is a risky thing, more for the tracker owners... and when you do something risky you need be very well informed.
    And I wonīt ever criticize whoever warns me about whatever, Iīll give the thanks instead.
    Iīd like too to watch more nice news but life is what it is.

And I see a lot of good news every day, just every time I log into my favorites trackers I see dozens of good news: each and every .torrent thatīs released.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    come on u got to live with it and they are only posting news and if you are too scared to use bt then stop torrenting and look for some other means to download what u need

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well what good news would you expect? If all is well there is no news to report. I know it doesn't seem like it but the whole private BT scene is supposed to be kept hush hush.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    freedom's Avatar Kizuna ^^ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    anyway.. a bad thing never comes alone.. so smile because tomorrow will be worse

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    well... for my defense i must to say that in every news there are these few minutes (ussually at the end of the news) where there are lighter news, to end with a smile on the face.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast