Thread: EAC Question

kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    I am currently trying to convert my cds to flac for uploading purposes. I have read this forum as well as jiGGafellz guide to the tee and made sure everything was set for conversion.

When I get to converting though it says the finish time is 72 hours!! Now I know my cd drive is not that slow as I burn movies in under 3 minutes. It must be a step that I am missing.

If anyone knows what would cause such long conversion times, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Gee no idea , I just learned what flac was tonite . Can you not use a different conversion program ?

http://www2.firehose.us:81/~jiggafellz/eac/index.html

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    I am currently trying to convert my cds to flac for uploading purposes. I have read this forum as well as jiGGafellz guide to the tee and made sure everything was set for conversion.

When I get to converting though it says the finish time is 72 hours!! Now I know my cd drive is not that slow as I burn movies in under 3 minutes. It must be a step that I am missing.

If anyone knows what would cause such long conversion times, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
    The CD you're attempting to burn is probably shit. I don't mean the music, but the condition of the disc itself.

EAC isn't similar to Roxio, Nero, or anything else. EAC is going to to rip the CD almost perfectly and attempt to repair any errors on the CD as it goes. Thus, if you have a CD with scratches, it's very likely that EAC is going to take a day or two attempting to fix them as it rips the disc.

It's best that you just stop the operation as EAC will typically time out in 18 hours or something.

yo

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    kostnkost's Avatar "Otay" BT Rep: +1
    Strange because it finished one song after an hour and a half it said it was 100% error free, or something to that nature.

I guess I will try a brand new cd and see what happens.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
    Strange because it finished one song after an hour and a half it said it was 100% error free, or something to that nature.

I guess I will try a brand new cd and see what happens.
    Well, that part of the disc was in decent condition then.

I've had discs where the entire thing will rip almost flawlessly until I come to the last song or two. At that point, EAC bogs down and takes all night attempting to correct the errors and obtain a perfect rip, but ends up timing out.

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    dnero73's Avatar Poster
    dry cleaning the drive really well and the disc as well but Skizo is right a CD in good condition usually takes 10-20 minutes when it takes and hour or more its because the cd is scratched or possible warped