Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple Mac ??

LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    hey m8s

can i install Mac os in my Pc or it need Some other PC's

i now use Vista Os

can i ??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    amirji's Avatar One HiTTa QuiTa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    From my knowledge that's not possible.

You can install Windows or Linux on Mac OS, but not the other way around.
    "F*** the B**** A** Haters"

"You Know Who You Are, Punks"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    reno55's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Flicker View Post
    hey m8s

can i install Mac os in my Pc or it need Some other PC's

i now use Vista Os

can i ??
    You can but you need specific hardware and it is not that easy at all

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yes, it is possible...google "Hackintosh" for more info.

The process is rather involved and requires that you have access to a real Mac to manipulate Leopard and create the final ISO for install.
    Depending on how closely your hardware mimics a real Mac, functionality may be compromised but from what I've read this is totally doable with pretty good results.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    thnx m8 for info

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    erunestian's Avatar Darkness and Wonder BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    You have to have an intel processor...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by erunestian View Post
    You have to have an intel processor...
    No, you don't.
    If you trace the "hackintosh" link you'll see that Leopard has been ported onto an AMD system.
    As I already said, it's easier the more closely your PC copies a real Mac but still doable as you diverge.

It seems that the intent of these perpetrators was to actually copy a Mac and show the huge markup that Apple affixs to the name.
    The original builder spent $800 on hardware and exceeded the specs of a Mac that sells for $2200.
    That's quite a disparity...happily overlooked/ignored by the faithful Apple corps but a real craw sticker to the more level headed.

I've had a bit of personal experience with Mac hardware prices...the G5 case I own sells for a whopping $800 through Apple (I paid considerably less).
    Yeah, it's a nice case- but not that nice.

We would occasionally get a frantic Mac owner in the shop trying to evade the outlandish Apple replacement part tariff.
    Sadly there was nothing to be done for them...the very tight OS/hardware integration that is the very cornerstone of Apple's hegemony makes it economically unfeasible for a third party to intercede profitably.

Say what you will about Microsoft, at least they don't try to strangle you at the hardware level.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Right I did it a while back you have to get your hands on the "OSX 86" they used to have a few versions on Demoniod. Installed just like windows You do have to format a hard drive though.
    We would occasionally get a frantic Mac owner in the shop trying to evade the outlandish Apple replacement part tariff.
    Sadly there was nothing to be done for them...the very tight OS/hardware integration that is the very cornerstone of Apple's hegemony makes it economically unfeasible for a third party to intercede profitably.
    I couldn't agree more I tell all of my friends who own/going to own a mac, parts are INSANE. Go the PC route save money and you can upgrade much easier.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Has anybody noticed that you cant archive zip in leopard?
    it's only called "compress"
    in tiger you can archive zip and shrink file size drastically enough to send through email. but in leopard it seem that apple has abandoned this? or so it seems
    the option isn't even available, it just says "compress"
    and it doesn't even shrink the file size that much.
    what the hell is going on.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    OSX 86 is what you need. But you need some pretty high specs to pull it off. Also there is VM Ware Fusion that lets you pull this off as well with the OSX 86 iso file.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast