Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Still Watch Wrestling?

Peter Falk would probobly beat anyone lol

Cigar in the eye and a flash of that raincoat would sort anyone out !!

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by alan36uk@20 July 2003 - 20:44
    Peter Falk would probobly beat anyone lol

Cigar in the eye and a flash of that raincoat would sort anyone out !!
    Fought with his mind mate - not his fists or gun.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    no i didn't suggest aikido as something to learn for ufc, I think with Aikido u have to be a master to be able to use any of it. There was I think however, 1 excellent aikido fighter in UFC, which is why i mentioned it as one of the best fighting forms

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@20 July 2003 - 20:45
    no i didn't suggest aikido as something to learn for ufc, I think with Aikido u have to be a master to be able to use any of it. There was I think however, 1 excellent aikido fighter in UFC, which is why i mentioned it as one of the best fighting forms
    Donīt get me wrong, I love Aikido and did a bit myself. I think it the most amazing martial art I have ever seen, particularly in person.

However I agree that someone would have to be well advanced before they could rely on it alone. I suspect though that as with a lot of these fighters he had other training.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    What makes me laugh about people who like to say "its all fake, no one gets hurt" is half of them know nothing about wrestling. It is an extremely dangerous activity. More so nowdays when different wrestling federations have to push the boundries of safety for the sake of popularity. I mean has anyone ever watched any XPW or CZW matches? Some of the shit they do is nothing short of insane. A lot of it comes from emulating what the Japanese did in their wrestling federations (now the Japs are a nutty lot-always baying for blood)
    All that aside, I dont think there's a single person on this planet who believes that wrestling is a real sport (unless they have an IQ equal to a goldfish) but they still watch it for entertainment. Just like someone would watch soap operas or movies.

And UFC is fantastic to watch, thats real combat for you. Its even popping up in the UK here albiet not the actual UFC but of the same genre.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    Originally posted by namzuf9@20 July 2003 - 23:39
    What makes me laugh about people who like to say "its all fake, no one gets hurt" is half of them know nothing about wrestling. It is an extremely dangerous activity. More so nowdays when different wrestling federations have to push the boundries of safety for the sake of popularity. I mean has anyone ever watched any XPW or CZW matches? Some of the shit they do is nothing short of insane. A lot of it comes from emulating what the Japanese did in their wrestling federations (now the Japs are a nutty lot-always baying for blood)
    All that aside, I dont think there's a single person on this planet who believes that wrestling is a real sport (unless they have an IQ equal to a goldfish) but they still watch it for entertainment. Just like someone would watch soap operas or movies.

And UFC is fantastic to watch, thats real combat for you. Its even popping up in the UK here albiet not the actual UFC but of the same genre.
    Couldn't have said it better myself mate.

I know a few of the chaps who do the UFC type stuff in the UK and let's be honest, you wouldn't want to pi$$ them off.

Have you ever watched them train for this sort of thing, unbelievable commitment.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    I love WWE!! Kane rules !! BIG RED FREAKING MACHINE B)

I have to agree with the 'It's Fake' thing

I watch Richard Blackwood do an interview with the Big Show, he asked him if it was fake, and the Big Show gave a very true answer "I'm 7'2", and if I lift you over my head and throw you to the floor........It WOULD hurt, now tell me it's fake"

What a good answer B)
    I always say to people, "it's like a violent version of Eastenders"

Whatever you think of it, it's entertainment! They put on a show no different to trapeese artists or stuntmen, they do get hurt, Wrestlemania 19 anyone??, Brock Lesner really hurt himself with that moonsault and you could see it after the match, and of course, Kurt Angle spent a while in hospital..............But It's Fake ain't it

A m8 said a couple of weeks ago when I was watching it "that is so fake", so I said "ok then, let me hit you with a chair"

Baz once powerslamed me through an ironing board It hurt but it was fun, but it was not fake, I can assure you

Jonno B)
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Big Red Bald Machine is cool

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Originally posted by stonecold1203@20 July 2003 - 23:37
    Big Red Bald Machine is cool
    I wrote all that and that's all you could say?

Gonna have to F-Five you now
    Done that to my m8 the other day Well, I did'nt actually complete it, but I did get him up on me shoulders ready.........he was cacking it

Jonno B)
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

10. Lounge   -   #40
    I gave some midget kid in my school the last ride and then a rock bottom B)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast