Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Still Watch Wrestling?

Poster
    Just out of interest the apostrophe replaces the missing letter.

So it would be didn't, but thanks for making the effort.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I was a long time wrestling but I'm taking a break form it for a while. It really pisses me off the no one can get ahead and its the same old crap over and over again. When the awarded HHH with that damn belt it was all over. No matter what the circumstances are HHH will never loose, and if he does it will be to one of his best friends. HHH has ruined wrestling for me. No matter what is going on he has to be the main focus of the show. I have stopped watching now for about 2 months, but decided to check it out last Monday, and wouldn't you know same old crap.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Does it really matter if a WWE guy could beat up a boxer, or a martial artist could beat up a WWE guy, or an elven swordsman can beat up a space pilot or whatever? They will never get in a real inter-promotional fight against each other. Ever. Those of you who can remember Tyson's stint in the WWF (and I can't, so all I know was that Tyson was doing something in the WWF for a short amount of time) know that Tyson didn't get in any real fights with anyone, and if anyone is going to start a real fight, it's Tyson. (This is assuming a no-rules fight, obviously a wrestler is going to beat a boxer at wrestling and vice versa.)

Going back to WWE, yeah I watch it. It's not entirely predictable (how many wrestling fans could have said a week ago that they knew Kane would set JR on fire?) and even when it is they do a good job of holding you on the edge of your seat wondering if the 150pound amputee you never heard of til now with no wrestling experience can beat up Big Show. And for every piece of shit (Al Wilson in underwear) they show, there's two gems (Dawn Marie in underwear). Okay, that's not a really good example. But there's still a lot of funny stuff like that time Christian wore a chicken suit to lose a pound in an hour so he could have a championship match. Or when Kurt Angle kept trying to talk trash to Mysterio, but instead he kept implying he wanted to nail him.

To those who refuse to watch WWE, because it's predetermined stuff: I'd like to inform you that just about everything that's entertaining is predetermined as well. Movies? Predetermined. Music? Predetermined. TV? Predetermined, sans news and sports. Fiction, jokes, plays? Predetermined as well. And if you enjoy eating some kind of food, were you aware that the flavor of food is predetermined? Don't tell me you eat a hershey's and wonder if it's going to taste like chocolate or hamburger soup. And finally there's sex. No matter where you stick what, it's predetermined that you will enjoy those orgasms. So since you can't do predetermined stuff, I hope I was helpful in informing you that you can't do any of those any more.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    chalkmongoose
    I stopped watching rasslin' several years ago. When the taker came back as a biker and they didn't even bother changing his name officially, I said f' it, I'm watching Mork and Mindy reruns... They seemed a bit more normal.
    Also, the stint with Tyson was rather funny, because in fact (at least to my addled memory) all Tyson did was referee a match, I think between Austin and somebody? I also think he drank a few with the Stunner, but again, memory is bad.
    And yah, boxers would be dead against wrestlers. Its like what the Big show said... Fake is relative. Fine its fake, but its (in the case of Andre the Giant, RIP), 7ft4, 500 pounds, from Grenoble France or some stuff like that of fakeness.
    Andre in his day could have easily ripped through some of the best boxers...

And remember Big Van Vader and the inciddent with Foley's ear?

5. Lounge   -   #45
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Evil Zak@21 July 2003 - 01:18
    They will never get in a real inter-promotional fight against each other. Ever.
    hmmm, i seem to remember a butter bean and bart gunn match from some time back........

and no, it is not always choreographed. some is but most is done "on the fly". take for example vic grimes taking a fall from a 40 foot scaffold (which you can see on the xpw freefall dvd). how exactly do you choreograph that?

6. Lounge   -   #46
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot+21 July 2003 - 02:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HeavyMetalParkingLot @ 21 July 2003 - 02:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Evil Zak@21 July 2003 - 01:18
    They will never get in a real inter-promotional fight against each other. Ever.
    hmmm, i seem to remember a butter bean and bart gunn match from some time back........

and no, it is not always choreographed. some is but most is done "on the fly". take for example vic grimes taking a fall from a 40 foot scaffold (which you can see on the xpw freefall dvd). how exactly do you choreograph that? [/b][/quote]
    Ah thank you my friend. I had forgotten. That was another of the early attempts to hardcoreize the WWF... That by the way was a classic bout, between an ex boxer and a washed up rassler&#39; living off his father&#39;s success.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    ANYWAYZZZZZ.

I thought this thread was going to discuss raw and smackdown BUT NOOOOO

:&#39;(

If you want to discuss wrestling i&#39;ll be at http://wrestling.myikonboard.com/viewboard.php crying..... all by myself

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Originally posted by JPaul@21 July 2003 - 00:29

So it would be didn&#39;t, but thanks for making the effort.
    You sad git , I do&#39;nt reall&#39;y car&#39;e
    Gonna come over there and F-Five you now

I see you changed your Title to Warrior Poet&#33; Bet you can&#39;t write poetry as well as Lilmiss

Jonno B)
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Poster
    Originally posted by CELEBS_ARE_US+21 July 2003 - 08:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CELEBS_ARE_US @ 21 July 2003 - 08:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@21 July 2003 - 00:29

So it would be didn&#39;t, but thanks for making the effort.
    You sad git , I do&#39;nt reall&#39;y car&#39;e
    Gonna come over there and F-Five you now

I see you changed your Title to Warrior Poet&#33; Bet you can&#39;t write poetry as well as Lilmiss

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
    I read the drivel you constantly spout here and you call me a sad git. I beg to differ.

Oh and being insulting with a smile on your face is still being insulting.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    crazy_billy_bats's Avatar Poster
    wrestling?

hahahahaha &#33;&#33;&#33;

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast