Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Moving!

NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Well, I finally managed to get a connection (old house, old phone lines, don't know how long it will last), but while I'm here, I thought I would pop in and say HI!!

I have moved in with some relatives for a month or so until I find a suitable abode of my own, and let me tell you, no matter how much I love my family and how well we are getting on, I can't wait to be out on my own again. I'm living out of boxes and suitcases, and everything I own is locked away in a 30'X10' storage container...

Once I get these phone line issues sorted, hopefully today, (I'm going to run some new phone cable from the box outside, run some new jacks, etc, in hopes that it's the line inside the house that's the problem) I'll be back (and better than ever ).

/me spanks Ron for old times sake

Luv and miss ya guys!!!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Hi. I'm new here.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Glad to hear from you NikkiD
    I know what its like and it sucks, so i hope you find a place of your own real soon!
    Goodluck

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    hope it all goes smoothly.

i moved into my flat a year and a half ago, and im still living out of boxes. family are great, but after 3 weeks of constant "clean your room, eat your greens, etc..." you will appreciate your new place all the more.

Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

5. Lounge   -   #5
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I think I may have it sorted... the phone line that is, not the living situation...

YAY!!

Go me!!

/me spanks Ron again for good measure

The living situation isn't that bad really, other than being crowded. Three adults (my aunt, uncle and myself), two teens (sometimes more depending on the day) and up to six kids (yes, that's right, six) four of them under the age of 5, depending on who the teenagers are babysitting... makes things a little crazy-like at times. Add to that the fact that the house is undergoing renovations, and there is a constant layer of drywall dust over most everything, and you get a picture of what it's like. Unfortunately finding a place to rent will probably take until September, as it's a summer town and everything gets snapped up over the summer.

But I have to admit, I'm enjoying it thoroughly. The kids revamp my spirit, I can escape to the beach in a mere two minutes, my cooking is truly appreciated, and the best hot dogs on earth are footsteps away (ask RPerry about that one, he'll attest to that fact that they really are the best). Plus I'm only five minutes from work, so when I'm ready to go back after my knee surgery, I don't have to drive four hours a day to and fro.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    knee surgery?
    sharing a house with up to 6 kids?

doesnt sound like fun to me! but happiness is what you make of it. on the plus side, being close to the beach and people who love you sounds great. i live a long way away from a beach, and the nearest one is polluted.

hope all goes well for you.
    best wishes for the op.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Moving is quite easy... you stand up.. put one foot in front of the other...

SORTED

8. Lounge   -   #8
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by NikkiD@20 July 2003 - 15:33
    But I have to admit, I'm enjoying it thoroughly. The kids revamp my spirit, I can escape to the beach in a mere two minutes, my cooking is truly appreciated, and the best hot dogs on earth are footsteps away (ask RPerry about that one, he'll attest to that fact that they really are the best). Plus I'm only five minutes from work, so when I'm ready to go back after my knee surgery, I don't have to drive four hours a day to and fro.
    Yes indeed, I loved the Hot Dogs, we just never had enough time for me to enjoy your cooking.

/me spanks Nikki for being away so long

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Nice to see you around NikkiD...

i live a long way away from a beach, and the nearest one is polluted.
    You CANT live that far from a beach in the UK

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Good to hear from you, NikkiD. I hope all is well with you and that your moving goes ok. B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast