Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: English speaking

  1. #1
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,046
    I have noticed alot of forigners on this fourm i was wondering if this is an english speak forum only?

  2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    melatonin's Avatar the entertainer™ BT Rep: +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jesterville
    Posts
    1,940
    afaik yes it is...
    " Verba Volant Scripta Manent "

  3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    Pretty much so, yes.

  4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Pretty much so, yes.

    So is it forbidden to speak in the fourm in your native language if it's not english excludeing private messages?

  5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    The issue is that the moderators and admins are predominately English speaking, so it becomes impossible for us to ensure that the rules are being adhered to if conversations are continued in a foreign language.

  6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,607
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    I have noticed alot of forigners on this fourm i was wondering if this is an english speak forum only?
    ..It's more an English "write" forum, with one exception,


    't Koffieshop (DUTCH)


  7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    The issue is that the moderators and admins are predominately English speaking, so it becomes impossible for us to ensure that the rules are being adhered to if conversations are continued in a foreign language.

    Fair enough i understand that the work would be alot more difficult

  8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    The issue is that the moderators and admins are predominately English speaking, so it becomes impossible for us to ensure that the rules are being adhered to if conversations are continued in a foreign language.
    what about recruiting moderators from all countries
    Last edited by shijo; 11-21-2007 at 05:04 PM.

  9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    on something.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    22,677
    I hardly think it's a good idea recruiting new mods on the basis of their languages alone, for one thing they'd have to start modding up nubs to cover all options. That's a really daft idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Pretty much so, yes.
    When BOT was here we used to talk awesome-speak, like.

    Granted, it was only him and I, and maybe the one norwegian we had wot got it, but still.

  10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Delta B.C. Canada
    Posts
    10,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    I hardly think it's a good idea recruiting new mods on the basis of their languages alone, for one thing they'd have to start modding up nubs to cover all options. That's a really daft idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Pretty much so, yes.
    When BOT was here we used to talk awesome-speak, like.

    Granted, it was only him and I, and maybe the one norwegian we had wot got it, but still.
    Good point I have a hard time coomunicating in English let alone some other language .

    Hey sleepy , you'll find some nice people here that may speak your language . If not we could share some pierogi or cabbage roll recipes .
    Last edited by peat moss; 11-22-2007 at 03:24 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •